Guess Richard Chai’s Favorite Superhero
Photo: Richard Chai x Acura
There might be no other accessory that manages to be both consistently elegant and strong as the driving glove. Luckily enough, designer Richard Chai has taken a new spin on the glove with a collaboration with Acura. The gloves are in fact, also inspired by Thor. In the film, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents drive Acura cars, wearing sleek black suits reminiscent of Chai’s menswear, merging fashion and lifestyle one step closer. The Richard Chai x Acura black leather gloves, in fact, use a handsome pattern mimicking the car’s curves and interior. As a perfect Father’s Day gift, we can’t wait to get our hands on them. The gloves will sell for $225 at Odin New York beginning in June. ELLE caught up with Chai to get more details on the backstory.
ELLE: What kind of feeling were you trying to evoke in your design?
RC: I wanted to capture the spirit of the Acura TL car. It was important for the design to be sleek. I also wanted to play with the idea of lines and contrasting materials.
ELLE: Can you describe the type of person you could see wearing your glove?
RC: The person wearing this glove is looking for a new take on something classic and chic. His investments are made on well crafted pieces that match his own individual style.
ELLE: What about Acura and Marvel inspires you?
RC: Acura for their engineering and innovation and Marvel for their ability to take one away into a world of fantasy.
ELLE: Who was your favorite childhood superhero?
Read More: Speaking of superheroes, check out our roundup of the summer’s hottest on-screen super men here!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- loz12345 Featured post: " Common Makeup Mistakes"
- ecf97 Featured post: "Sprucing Up Your Space! "
- Live4Selena Featured post: "Monthly Playlist / Q&A ft. lindaeileen!"
- starlight_071114 Featured post: "Cheaper Alternatives"
- VampireLady33 Featured post: "Wish I knew - Elementary School"
- katlow77 Featured post: "Remember Me?"
- madmadeleine62 Featured post: "Support Science"
- midnightmonkey620 Featured post: "Festival Fashion"
- AlwaysMissLace Featured post: "COMING SOON ♥"
- CharmingStar Featured post: "How to combat Bullying w/ ecf97"
- Moosycakes22 Featured post: "For Those Who Are Struggling"
- Snerfy16 Featured post: "Make Today the Day You Make a Doll's Day"