Copenhagen Fashion Week:
Susanne Rützow AW 12
The collection by Susanne Rützou called Eccentric Simplicity is a tribute to Iris Apfel, an inveterate New Yorker and style icon known for her giant round glasses and eclectic taste. Rützow has translated this image into a mix of materials, textures and prints and added big statement necklaces of various kinds - some with cords and pendants, some in ethnic design and others with big roses which could also be seen on the belts.
There were loose, thin trousers tightened at the ancle, tight pants, beautiful dresses cut off above the knee line and floor length ones too. A subdued and classic clothes line, some small gaudy delicate tops which are bound to become a big hit as well. Some of the best in the collection is the outerwear. I’m especially impressed by the beautiful navy coats with some really great details on them. They will be a big hit for the fall.
There is something special about the way Susanne Rützou plays with colors. The collection presented both a persistent bright red, a broken lime and a beautiful saffron-colored dress with a deep backline, and the use of colors in different prints demonstrates her extra ordinarily well developed sense of color. The fluttering fabrics in silk and silk satin, the amazing outfits and appealing colors are all so genuine Rützou. The consumers will definetely recognize this - and ultimately they are what it’s all about.
Susanne Rützou’s designs appeal to a broad audience and are always innovative in their expressions, and hence never boring to look at.
All in all a really great collection and a beautiful show.
Wednedsday, February 1st, The Grey Hall, Christiania, Copenhagen.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 52tashychuckles Featured post: "Future Me "
- 71Moosycakes20 Featured post: "Your Favorite Compliments!"
- 68Waddles16 Featured post: "It's Me ~ Casey"
- 712010vampire Featured post: "Competition Results!"
- 63balleta0814 Featured post: "Inspired By Demi Lovato, New Music Video"
- 75the.kewl.kid Featured post: "Meeting New Dolls"
- 67vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Behind the Blogger: vampirefreak121"
- 88Real.StarGirl13 Featured post: "Get Ready in 10 Minutes!"
- 63AngelLilac Featured post: "Get The Look: Iggy Azalea"
- 56Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "5 Things to Remember While Travelling"
- 59Lily-Ariana Featured post: "Wild West and Evening Falls Sale Picks!"
- 126madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Guestbook Gems"