Copenhagen Fashion Week:
Susanne Rützow AW 12
The collection by Susanne Rützou called Eccentric Simplicity is a tribute to Iris Apfel, an inveterate New Yorker and style icon known for her giant round glasses and eclectic taste. Rützow has translated this image into a mix of materials, textures and prints and added big statement necklaces of various kinds - some with cords and pendants, some in ethnic design and others with big roses which could also be seen on the belts.
There were loose, thin trousers tightened at the ancle, tight pants, beautiful dresses cut off above the knee line and floor length ones too. A subdued and classic clothes line, some small gaudy delicate tops which are bound to become a big hit as well. Some of the best in the collection is the outerwear. I’m especially impressed by the beautiful navy coats with some really great details on them. They will be a big hit for the fall.
There is something special about the way Susanne Rützou plays with colors. The collection presented both a persistent bright red, a broken lime and a beautiful saffron-colored dress with a deep backline, and the use of colors in different prints demonstrates her extra ordinarily well developed sense of color. The fluttering fabrics in silk and silk satin, the amazing outfits and appealing colors are all so genuine Rützou. The consumers will definetely recognize this - and ultimately they are what it’s all about.
Susanne Rützou’s designs appeal to a broad audience and are always innovative in their expressions, and hence never boring to look at.
All in all a really great collection and a beautiful show.
Wednedsday, February 1st, The Grey Hall, Christiania, Copenhagen.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- Live4Selena Featured post: "Interview with begumk91!"
- Moosycakes22 Featured post: "New York Fashion Week Faves"
- starlight_071114 Featured post: "Member Vs. paying member"
- VampireLady33 Featured post: "Are you shopaholic on Stardoll?"
- ecf97 Featured post: "What Starbucks Drink Are You?"
- midnightmonkey620 Featured post: "Antidote Picks"
- AlwaysMissLace Featured post: "Adrian Mole "
- CharmingStar Featured post: "Been Reading..."
- vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Misconceptions I Had About Stardoll"
- katlow77 Featured post: "Under the Weather"
- 2010vampire Featured post: "Mortal Kiss"
- Snerfy16 Featured post: "They're Friends Jim, As We Know Them."