- As you know the 2012 Summer Olympics are coming up! This year it is going to be held inLondon,England. Millions of people will be watching the competitions this year. The Summer Olympics happen every 4 years. In 2008 the Olympics where held inBeijing,China.
I have just realised how many undiscovered talents there are on stardoll. Some people are amazing with clothes and others with sceneries. So I'm going to show you 3 medolls that I think really stand out from the crowd.
Photo: Getty Images
Miley Cyrus made an appearance at the Project New York trade show on Monday. While attending an after party at the Soho Grand Hotel, she chatted up industry professionals regarding her fiancée, Liam Hemsworth, and his interest in creating his own men’s clothing line. WWD. Kendall Jenner has snagged her first billboard. The “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” reality star is the face of The Beverly Center’s 2012 Fashion’s Night Out ad campaign. LA Times. MTV’s House of Style TV show is back! The ’90s show, which featured models, celebs, and cool kids alike, will be back on the air with a new host that will be announced this September at the MTV Video Music Awards. Fashionista. Stella McCartney has released an adorable seven-piece kids capsule collection called Little Miss Stella. Telegraph. Myshoppingsecrets.com is a new online shopping mall that was launched today. The site will make 100 of the world’s best fashion designers and labels available to the US market. CNBC.
Photos: Splash News
Beachy waves and loose buns are currently the most sought after summertime hairstyle and lots of celebs like the Olsens, Vanessa Hudgens, and Miley Cyrus know how to rock the perfect messy ‘do. While these starlets make it look totally effortless we know getting that perfectly imperfect summertime style can sometimes be harder than it looks. So don’t worry, you’re not alone if you’ve tried to replicate that sloppy side bun or messy wave and come out looking like you just woke up from a month long nap. Turns out, sometimes looking carefree-chic takes a whole lot of effort too! Of course, EG has got all the tips and tricks to help you create the perfect laidback summertime hairstyle. Check out the products and tips we’ve shared below! For a mermaid wave look, a la Vanessa Hudgens, nothing works better than the ocean. But, when you can’t take a quick trip to the nearest coastline before getting ready, sea-salt sprays are your next best option. This one gets amazing reviews!
Photo: courtesy of drugstore.com Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, $6.
Just spray it in damp hair, crunch it up, and watch as your beach babe hair forms right before your eyes! If you want a beach wave look that isn’t so casual, then we suggest using a styling wand, like the one below, for a Mary-Kate Olsen inspired style.
Photo: courtesy of Ulta Helen of Troy Pink Flipperless Curling Wand, $20.
Styling wands don’t have the clamp that curling irons do, so instead you just wrap and hold the hair around the wand yourself creating gorgous loose curls. Run your fingers through your curls or brush them with a mixed bristle brush for a natural looking wave. The bigger the barrel, the looser the wave like MK’s. If you’re trying to perfect the messy bun like miss Miley, we’ve got the secret technique for you. In the back of your head create three loose, low buns- the kind that are created right before you’re about to pull your hair through into a ponytail. Scrunch all of these buns together in the middle and stick any type of clips or pins you like in the messy chignon for whatever desired effect youlike and ta-da!
Photo: courtesy of ASOS ASOS Spike Hair Comb, $10.
We love this hair accessory for an added pop of edge. Happy styling everyone!
- Are you just as jealous as we are of the fashionistas in Hollywood? Well, they all have our dream closets, and can you imagine how many cool items they can choose from every day?! This week we've taken a closer look at stars like Jennifer Aniston, Whitney Port and Kim Kardashian. Who wore a beautiful wine red sequin dress and who totally pulled off a tight long sleeved leopard top? Click on the pictures to see more of this week's top 10 best dressed celebrities!
- Hey good looking! We spotted Kate Bosworth out shopping in a palm tree printed summer dress in Los Angeles. As we've said before, she's not really known for her acting anymore- but she sure is one of the biggest Hollywood fashionistas there is! Click on the pics for great summer inspo from Kate!
- Looks like No Doubt isn’t the only band reuniting! On August 17, ’90s boy band 98 Degrees will be performing live on the Today show in New York City as part of their Summer Concert Series. Much like No Doubt, it’s been about a decade since the group last performed together. They also revealed to Us Weekly that they are currently working on new music! Band reunions and comebacks cause a lot of excitement amongst loyal fans, and a lot of buzz for potential new fans! Let’s take a look at a couple music sensations who have rejoined the music scene after years off the map.
98 Degrees at the 26th Annual American Music Awards, January 11, 1999
Photo: Barry King/Getty Images
Photo: Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images (above); Getty Images (below) Top: MTV Video Music Awards in September 1996; Bottom: Teen Choice Awards 2012
This ska punk band first achieved mainstream success through the release of their 1995 album Tragic Kingdom. In 1996, the single “Don’t Speak” was released and topped the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay for sixteen weeks. They continued to release albums, and the last one before their eleven-year break was “Rock Steady” in 2001. Fans rejoiced when this sensation came back together and released their single “Settle Down” just this month.
Mariah Carey Photos: Time & Life/Getty Images (left); Getty Images (right) Left: 33rd Annual Grammy Awards, February 1991; Right: 2012 BET Awards
Mariah Carey made her recording debut in 1990 under Columbia records. The album went multi-platinum, and she went on to make some of the greatest pop R&B hits. In 2001 she made a film entitled Glitter, which did not do well at the box office. After that, this singer was off the map until her 2005 release of The Emancipation of Mimi. She achieved great success with this comeback album, with the hit single “We Belong Together” named as “Song of the Decade” by Billboard. Since then, Mariah stepped back into public eye. As we all know, she went on to marry Nick Cannon and became the mother of twins. Not only that, but Mariah will be helping new singers achieve their dreams as the newest judge on American Idol!
Photo: Naki/Getty Images (above); Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images (below) Top: August 21, 2004; Bottom: 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Induction Punk rock band Green Day formed in 1987, but in 1994 their major label debut Dookie became a success and sold over 10 million copies in the United States. In 2004, they American Idiot resulted in this band’s popularity with a younger generation and sold five million copies in the United States. This album included hit singles “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and “Wake Me Up When September Ends.” Their last album before their brief hiatus was their eighth album 21st Century Breakdown in 2009. After a four-year break, Green Day will be releasing a trilogy of albums over five months starting with the release of Uno! on September 25, 2012.
Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images (left); Getty images (right) Left: 74th Annual Academy Awards, March 2002; Right: Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez Tour Opener in Montreal, July 14, 2012
Before breaking into show-biz, Jennifer Lopez’s dream was to become a dancer. In 1996, her first big break came when she played the lead in the movie Selena. Since then, she’s been the female lead in hit movies such as The Wedding Planner and released seven studio albums. After her 2007 album Brave, she took a break—but this diva couldn’t stay off the map for too long! In 2011, she released her seventh studio album Love? and became a judge on American Idol until she left the show this month.
The Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block
Photo: Michel Linssen/Getty Images (top); Getty Images (center and below) Top: New Kids on the Block, January 1, 1989; Center: Backstreet Boys at the 1999 Billboard Music Awards; Bottom: New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys’ reunion world tour in Germany, May 7, 2012.
The New Kids on the Block took the ’80s teenybopper scene by force—Backstreet Boys did the same in the ’90s. In April 1986, New Kids on the Block released their self-titled album, but the album did not have much success. After the release of their second album Hangin’ Tough, the New Kids shot to stardom. Almost a decade later, the Backstreet Boys rose to fame. In 1997, the hit single “Quit Playing Games With my Heart” was released. Their album Backstreet’s Back won a spot as number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. After New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys experienced whirlwind success in the ’80s and ’90s, they started to disappear from the mainstream music scene. But in 2011, these two pop sensations joined forces and released a compilation album of their biggest hits titled NKOTBSB, and embarked on their tour in May 2011.
- Red hair, blonde hair, hair up, hair down, bangs.. no matter what look Emma Stone is rocking, she's nothing but stunning! This summer she's one of the big stars in the new The Amazing Spider-Man movie with Andrew Garfield, and wow does she play the role of his smart girlfriend Gwen Stacy well! If you have, just like us, caught the Emma Stone fever this summer, click on the pics and check out her top 10 best looks!
- How much do you really know about the fabulous siblings of the Kardashian/Jenner family? - It is time for us to put you to the test! Do you for example know that one of the sisters collects tictoc boxes and another one celebrated her 14th birthday at late Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch? Click on the pictures to take our quiz!
Now that the temperatures are rising, and the sun is shining, what better time to refresh and revitilise with a wonderful blend of fruits?
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 85Real.StarGirl13 Featured post: "Summer Colors: Blue"
- 54Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "Trend Alert: Matching Blazer + Pants "
- 67Moosycakes20 Featured post: "Tribute Season Picks!"
- 61balleta0814 Featured post: "Heatwave Help"
- 124madmadeleine60 Featured post: "A Closet Full of Jeans"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "My Worth..."
- 65Waddles16 Featured post: "Dressing Elegant"
- 47tashychuckles20 Featured post: "#Lovewins"
- 63vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Making The Best of Highschool"
- 85semplicementMia29 Featured post: "We ♥ Denim Jacket!"
- 81maisie12345 Featured post: "Tropical Paradise Eye Make-Up Tutorial"