- We spotted Minka Kelly arriving and departing from a beauty salon in West Hollywood. She is one of many fashionistas that knows how to look absolutely smashing every single day. Wearing a cute jean jacket, a pair of leopard pants and a pair of cute boots, Minka gets ten out of ten points from us!
Photo: Courtesy of fablane.com
We already compiled an Independence Day outfit guide, but what about dressing up your nails for the occasion? Festive holidays call for multicolored mani’s, and we’ve got a perfectly patriotic nail art design for the 4th that’s fun and relatively easy to do (no special tools required!). All you need is a toothpick, the three colors of the flag, and a base and top coat to make sure your nails stay fresh and glossy throughout the weekend (because really, who wants to reapply?). Get your stars and stripes on with the steps below! You’ll need: a base coat, red nail polish, white nail polish, blue nail polish, a toothpick, and a top coat.
1. Apply a base coat to protect and strengthen your nails.
Photo: Courtesy of Nails Inc. Nails Inc. A & E base coat, $19. 2. Apply red nail polish to the entire nail. Let it dry for approximately 20 minutes.
Photo: Courtesy of Essie Essie “really red” nail polish, $8.
3. Next, apply a single strip of white nail polish vertically down the center of the nail. Let it dry for 20 minutes.
Photo: Courtesy of Essie Essie “blanc” nail polish, $8.
4. Take the blue nail polish and apply a single strip of nail polish horizontally along the tip of the nail, perpendicular to the white stripe, and covering it a little bit, like in the picture above. Let it dry for 20 minutes.
Photo: Courtesy of Essie Essie “mesmerised” nail polish, $8.
5. Dip the tip of the toothpick into the white nail polish and create your stars by making a dot on the blue strip where you want the star to be. Carefully drag the dot in five directions into a star-like shape. Repeat the process 3-4 times for additional stars, spacing the dots out appropriately. Let the stars dry for 20 minutes. 6. Finish off with a layer of top coat to protect the nail art and make the nails super glossy.
Photo: Courtesy of Sephora Sephora by OPI gelshine top coat, $18.
- Wow she's absolutely stunning! We spotted Heidi Klum filming on the set of a commercial for a hair care product. Her curls are perfect, and we'd happily buy the product if it gave us the same hairstyle! We love how Heidi looks fantastic, and we hope she's over her ex-husband Seal for good now!
- Photo: Getty Images Hosting a 4th of July BBQ and have no idea what music to play? Fear not: Thanks to our friends over at Facebook and Spotify, we’ve come up with the ultimate patriotic playlist. The social networking giant recently released data revealing the five most-shared songs about the U.S.A. from its Spotify users, and they range from old classics to recent hits. So whatever music you’re into, we can all probably agree that there’s no better time than the 4th to blast some statesmanlike songs. Click below for the playlist! 1. ‘American Pie’ by Don McLean 2. ‘American Soldier’ by Toby Keith 3. ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ by Whitney Houston; The Florida Orchestra 4. ‘Letters from Home’ by John Michael Montgomery 5. ‘Born in the U.S.A’ by Bruce Springsteen To find Spotify and other apps, visit the Facebook App Center.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 72Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 83The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 69chelamin Featured post: "Bows Bows Bows! "
- 63maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 82Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 44HighHeels4Me Featured post: "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 30oliviax612 Featured post: "Ideas are Coming!!!"
- 36GaGaLuv3r11 Featured post: "Procrastinating for the Idea!"
- 49uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Celebs in pastels!! :)"
- 97Oo.Ashley.oO12 Featured post: "Following Stardoll Rules"
- 61MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 60jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 55Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Spring Trend- Black & White NonSS Outfit"
- 59the.kewl.kid Featured post: "New Polished Collection"
- 37MQueen14 Featured post: "Fashion Inspiration"
- 60AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 53cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 48Lay-Cey Featured post: "The mermaid dress"
- 59KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"
- 62kamuz24 Featured post: "A suite that "moves" !"
- 53Butterflypp Featured post: "Top Five Winners! (Creativity Contest)"