Saint Lucy's Day (in Swedish: Luciadagen) is observed on December 13. Its modern day celebration is generally associated with Sweden. In traditional celebrations, Saint Lucy comes as a young woman with lights and sweets - often in a procession is headed by one girl wearing a crown of candles (or lights), while others in the procession hold a single candle each. Boys in the procession may be dressed in the same kind of white robe as the girls but with a cone-shaped hat decorated with golden stars and are called stjärngossar (star boys).
- Reality TV star Kristin Cavallari needs to stay in the spotlight somehow now that The Hills is over and she's doing a good job! Yesterday Kristin helped celebrate the launch of Juicy Couture's new perfume 'Peace Love & Juicy Couture' at their store on Rodeo Drive. Who wouldn't want to buy a perfume from a girl as cute as Kristin?!
- Olivia Wilde floated on to the red carpet at the premiere of 'Tron: Legacy' in Los Angeles yesterday in a gorgeous floor-length sequined dress that made her look like an old Hollywood screen sirene! Co-stars Jeff Bridges and Garett Hedlund looked great in their suits too but we're sorry guys, you have nothing on Olivia!
- As I walked into London's Connaught Hotel I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I'm a Stardoll girl with simple loves and likes, so imagine my disbelief when Stardoll asked me to attend the official X Factor Final press call. Despite the urge to scream repeatedly I knew I had to save my voice as I was officially the Stardoll X Factor reporter.
- Both supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio and Black Swan actress Winona Ryder have worn this 50's inspired black lacey Dolce and Gabbana dress recently on the red carpet. These ladies have totally different body types. Alessandra is a typical model and Winona has more of a curvy, proper 1950's shape. Who do you think looks best in the vintage dress?
- Style tips from our friends at ElectricAlice who run a great blog and concept store in Australia dedicated to the wild energy of Japanese street fashion – here are some style notes to check out in conjunction with the latest colection in Sunny Bunny Kloz
If you were to arrive in Harajuku today, the style you would notice
the most girls wearing is definitely Mori Girl! Mori girl seems to
have emerged in defiance of the shiny, hyper-saturated, candy-coloured
perfection of other Japanese street styles ... (read more)
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 43Redstargal Featured post: "Choosing Colors"
- 57Moosycakes20 Featured post: "Your Happiness is Important!"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "Make the Most Out of Your Morning"
- 80maisie12345 Featured post: "Bright Spring Make-Up Tutorial!"
- 80Real.StarGirl Featured post: "Standing Up for Yourself"
- 120madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Getting rid of bullies"
- 62HighHeels4Me Featured post: "What is Your Hobby?"
- 67lilrosamae16 Featured post: "Trends Inspired by London Fashion Week"
- 53allgerman123 Featured post: "Dealing With Social Media Drama"