- They came, they looked fab and they won! Here are the stars with the biggest smiles after last night's 83rd Academy Awards! A very pregnant Natalie Portman made an emotional speech after winning her Oscar for best actress in Black Swan, no surprises there, we knew she would get it! Colin Firth won best actor for The King's Speech and our favorite for the best supporting actor award won! Congratulations Christian Bale and all the other winners of the night! For the full list of winners click here. Watch this space for a look at the night's most important part - the dresses! Coming up next!
- Not only do actors have to give it their all in movies, with a hope and aim of being nominated and hopefully winning the golden statue. But they then have to worry about how and who to thank properly in their acceptance speech. Something that seems to be more of a challenge than filming the actual movie!Here are a few celebs with the most memorable speeches to date. After tomorrow night there will hopefully be a bunch of new ones!
Oscar-worthy films and their Oscar-worthy costumes influence fashion every season. As Hitchock blondes and James Bond femme fatales march down the runway, they inject their aesthetic into the way we dress daily. But there’s no reason that you can’t go straight to the source, especially in honor of Sunday’s awards ceremony. Here are just a few of Hollywood’s lasting fictional wardrobes, and how to replicate their style today. Get ready for your close up! Annie Hall: Diane Keaton ushered in a new era of masculine/feminine style, kicking off with her character’s signature wide-leg pants, vests, button-up tops, ties, and brimmed hats. With Ralph Lauren as a costume consultant, it comes as no surprise that her look epitomized 70′s NYC perfectly.
For those of us who are maxed out on maxis, the fall 2011 shows offer some welcome news. Sort of. While the long, ground-grazing skirts aren’t going anywhere yet, designers are splitting them up the middle and finding exciting, new ways to update them for the modern woman who wants to avoid looking like a nun. Despite a distinct business vibe, Michael Kors kept his sportswear young and edgy, adding a side-splitting slit to his black wool mid-calf pieces. Maybe it’s the new casual Friday?
Frilly shorts are cropping up on catwalks throughout London this week and just like picnics, Easter eggs, and daylight savings, these flouncy shorts scream spring. This latest trend is cute, versatile, and the perfect solution to avoiding unwanted Britney Spears-styled exposure when out for a spring bike ride. Flirty, flattering and oh-so comfortable, we suggest picking up a pair of these shorts, just for the frill of it.
Photo: Getty Images
Who: Kirsten Dunst
What: Mulberry Fall 2011 After Party at Claridge’s, London
Wear: Mulberry metallic dress
After Mulberry’s fall 2011 show of English country classics-turned-trendy, the British brand continued the celebration well into the night with a star-studded after party at Claridge’s in London. Kirsten Dunst, looking fierce in a simple-yet-sparkling Mulberry dress, stepped out yesterday evening to celebrate the new collection with the likes of Gemma Arterton, Rosamund Pike, Clemence Posey, Janice Dickinson, and Yasmin Le Bon. The star toughened up her sparkles with sultry black eye makeup—a perfect to compliment to her dazzling charcoal dress.
- She sure knows how to make an entrance! Yesterday pop star Cheryl Cole arrive on flight from London at LAX and there were so many photogs trying to snap her, the police had to come and remove them! There were more than 50 paparazzi waiting to capture Cheryl's latest arrival in the USA and they had to be threatened with arrest before they cleared the arrival hall! Cheryl is one popular lady!
Photo: Getty Images
Who: Katie Holmes
What: The MaxMara fall 2011 show in Milan
Wear: MaxMara jumpsuit
Katie Holmes sat front row at MaxMara’s fall 2011 show today in Milan. The brand, which celebrates its 60th anniversary this year, recognized Holmes as the Women in Film MaxMara ‘Face of the Future’ recipient for 2011 (the award has honored Zoe Saldana, Emily Blunt, and Elizabeth Banks in previous years). The style-savvy mom, who forayed into designing with her premium line Holmes & Yang in 2009, sported a brown Max Mara one-shouldered jumpsuit from the pre-fall 2011 collection. The asymmetrical jumpsuit reflected one of the season’s strongest trends: a daytime disco vibe reminiscent of Halston’s influence.
CONOCE A NUESTRAS BLOGUERAS
- 50GlamurosaGiovi Articulo destacado: "El significado de los colores"
- 85Glorymac Articulo destacado: "Especial de Accesorios. Parte Final"
- 84misstrendydresp Articulo destacado: "COLORES DE ROPA SEGÚN TU PIEL"
- 62JulietaDali Articulo destacado: "¡Un toque de lila!"
- 53Cleo_denile3 Articulo destacado: "Entrevista a Linda_Celeste (I) "
- 39ANGELT222 Articulo destacado: " Presente.Vs.Pasado "
- 60hayliesulamita Articulo destacado: "TENDENCIAS: ENTERIZOS"
- 76juankarloski1218 Articulo destacado: "DIY "Strike A Pose""
- 56janetteLow Articulo destacado: "ESTILIZA LA PRENDA: 1"
- 35ariadna325 Articulo destacado: "Firework- Katy Perry Look <3."
- 87x_Myra_x Articulo destacado: "Ahorra al comprar ropa"
- 65flaca444 Articulo destacado: "La historia detrás de halloween..."
- 50OoNatalyoO20 Articulo destacado: "Gimnasia Rítmica= Arte♥"
- 68Lizz114 Articulo destacado: "♥ Maquillaje de película: The Black Swan ♥"
- 50Florr...barnes Articulo destacado: "Look de Primavera"
- 105Beluchiitaa18 Articulo destacado: "Creatividad Sencilla."
- 29Mayra.Ways12319 Articulo destacado: "CÓMO HACER PEINADO DONA"
- 87DivaSuperestilo Articulo destacado: "Tips para estudiar"
- 82guapatutifruti17 Articulo destacado: "LIMITED EDITION"