Trompe l’oeil trumps all in this week’s Photo Reel collection. With Summer of Love vibes in mind, the Warhol-famed method of screenprinting and surrealistic effects to top, this week’s Styled Outfits fashion up a busy visual highway for the girl who’s out to make a statement. Prints include starry Jackson Pollock-like paint splatter, sublime butterfly wings, color-saturated interior images, eye-deceiving bows, collars, pockets and even underwater scenes and volcanoes from apparent postcards from Hawaii. Tricked out with pompoms and ruffles, it might sound like more than a mouthful to consider wearing, but fear not: think of these pieces as investments in new fashion--- with you at the forefront.
Enjoy the silky brights and updated hippie-chic designs for summer and your eternally modern wardrobe!
- THE FRESH PRINTS OF STARPLAZA:
This week’s Styled Outfits had us looking through the same kaleidoscope designers used in their Spring collections. Stripes, checks, spots, stars, cheetah— you name it, they used it! Several all at once, even. The style “taboo” of prints on prints is no longer a shudder-worthy mix, thanks to the experimental, brave street stylers being blogged for our boundary-pushing pleasures.
Aside from seeing the traditional spots, don’t miss the gorgeous chinoiserie, Ellsworth Kelly geometry, and insanely stunning giant orchids. Cuts are simple and feminine and call on the best of the 40’s up to even the disco 70’s.
Get your groove on in these far-out Pattern Play picks!
PAPER OR PLASTIC?
We’re going hi-tech this week with a collection that reveals as much as it intrigues.
Top designers like Jil Sander are experimenting with atypical materials, stretching sartorial limits and creating pieces that function as wearable art. We’ve brought the best in man-made synthetics to Starplaza, in particularly incredible cuts that we can’t wait to see how you style! These fantastic pieces will give your flirty pinks and sequins a cool structure—we suggest putting them in regular outfit rotation for the trendiest of impressions. Show your friends what the future looks like!
Go on--- bag this week’s futuristic wearable wares in classic plastic!
WE COME IN PEACE: The fashion solar system is swirling with intergalactic impressions of Earth. Slinky numbers are hardened in battle-ready silver metals, softened then with chiffons and mesh in peach, forest green and zero-gravity lightness. Cascading embellishments and shimmering paillettes create out-of-this-world diva looks for those who are going for a “big bang” in the style cosmos.
Standout pieces from this week’s Space Glitter collection include an amazing sculptural, armor-like silver dress; a dreamy, light maxi with intriguing midriff cutouts and Spring’s most gorgeous pink platforms!
Let the force be with you!
Night falls on this week’s Ethereally Hip collection and it’s fashion gone rogue! Neo-medieval fierceness is brought to the 21st century via maxi lengths, hot sheaths, sheer attitude and alluring volumes. Leather-esque additions compliment Victorian lace, beading, metallics and soft silks in a collection that will get you dancing to Lady Gaga’s “Judas” in no time.
Accessorize these pieces boldly and bright, throw a little sheer, Grecian drapery in the mix and you’re a rock star in the matrix.
KILLER FRILLS: If you’re not already in St. Tropez, consider our new Daring Doily collection a first-class ticket to the star-studded, sunny Riviera. Soak up the first of the season’s warm rays in these flirtatious, easy breezy pieces, guaranteed to give you an aura of luxurious effortlessness. These Daring Doily pieces are not for your grandma’s tablescape; you’ve got places to be and the most chic of looks here to stroll to them in.
Swoon over these lovely florals in sweet pleats, ruffles, scalloped hems, lace and fabulous accessories, and let every day be a picnic!
KRAFTWERK. It’s time to hit the scene a-glaze, in full style effect (good riddance, heavy coats!) now that spring is in bloom. Looking to the future, we’ve combined stunning, graphic prints in trompe l’oeil detail with endless WOW factor in our new Icing on the Cake collection. Don’t miss standout pieces that will secure you as the talk of all punch-filled garden parties and spring events!
Why not take the cake with these fascinating dresses and ultra-cute spring wardrobe essentials? Decorate yourself!
Zing! The freshness of the previous seasons’ stark winter whites has begun to feel a bit fruitless, so to say. Whether Anna Dello Russo’s influence has invigorated fashion the world round, or we were just ready for something a bit more “bananas”- or both- our closets are about to burst with life. Spring/Summer 2011’s offerings, mainly those from Prada and Stella McCartney, instead hurdled towards the path of maximalism. Influences range from Josephine Baker’s fearless Roaring 20’s vivacity to the Jungle Book, resulting in this shimmying, electrifying Fruition Collection. Keep up with these citruses, organically grown straight from the Stardoll fashion orchards!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 64the.kewl.kid19 Featured post: "Safari in a Suite"
- 38GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"
- 52Lay-Cey Featured post: "Beach inspired eyes"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "New School Year, New You!"
- 56Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Get the Marilyn Monroe look!"
- 53uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Airport/traveling bag essentials!"
- 34oliviax613 Featured post: "Tips of Today: How to Get Starcoins"
- 61hannahsweet10 Featured post: "Favorite Inspirational Songs"
- 46cool_lady_gaga5 Featured post: "Rainbow eyes!"
- 83FashionMonarch Featured post: "5 Essential Summer Skin Care Tips"
- 72chelamin Featured post: "Anime Makeover "
- 76Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 84The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 69maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 88Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 51HighHeels4Me Featured post: "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 61MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 65jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 37MQueen15 Featured post: "Fashion Inspiration"
- 62AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 56cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 64KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"