All About... Punk! Part 1
Today I'm starting my new "All About..." blog posts. I will be writing about different cultures, movements and genres over time to help inform people a little more on these kind of things. Today I will be talking about everything to do with punk from music, to fashion and even to ideologies associated with the punk scene which evolved into an entire subculture!
Firstly I'll start off talking about the biggest thing to do with punk - the music! Punk rock music is a type of music that developed in Britain around 1974, the genre quickly moved over to America, Australia and many other countries. Punk bands generally created fast, rough sounding, music and was very different to most music of the time, obviously there are exceptions to this, but this was the general sound of most punk music. Early punk rock bands included the likes of the Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, The Clash, Buzzcocks, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Damned. More recent punk rock bands are bands such as The Distillers, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Rancid and Anti-Flag and a band with a word in it that I'm not allowed to mention on Stardoll but many of you will have heard of, I'll give you a clue though, they are one of the most popular punk bands, the last word in their name is "pistols", and band members include the famous Johnny Rotten (on vocals) and Sid Vicious (bass player). There is also a kind of modern subgenre of punk called Pop-Punk that is popular now-a-days that arose in the USA during the 90s with bands such as Green Day, The Offspring, Sum 41 and Blink 182 arising.
Now to talk about fashion! Punk fashion caused uproar and shock, nobody had ever seen anything like it, earlier in the 60s the hippy movement caused shock but even though their fashion choices shocked, they looked quite peaceful and not threatening in the slightest, whereas punk fashion was extremely outrageous often intimidated people aswell as shocking them. Punks tended to wear lots of chains, tartan patterns, zips on jeans, leather or destroyed denim jackets covered with patches and punk band logos, Dr Marten boots, massive colourful hairstyles and bold make-up. My Mother and Aunty were punk-rockers in the late 70s and the 80s so I've seen lots of photos of this time period and have grown up listening to punk music and I have been told that one day when my Aunty had a bright green and pink mohawk a man in his car was so shocked he actually drove into a lamp post whilst staring at my Aunty!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 65the.kewl.kid19 Featured post: "Safari in a Suite"
- 39GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"
- 53Lay-Cey Featured post: "Beach inspired eyes"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "New School Year, New You!"
- 56Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Get the Marilyn Monroe look!"
- 54uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Airport/traveling bag essentials!"
- 34oliviax613 Featured post: "Tips of Today: How to Get Starcoins"
- 61hannahsweet10 Featured post: "Favorite Inspirational Songs"
- 46cool_lady_gaga5 Featured post: "Rainbow eyes!"
- 87FashionMonarch Featured post: "5 Essential Summer Skin Care Tips"
- 73chelamin Featured post: "Anime Makeover "
- 77Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 85The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 72maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 90Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 53HighHeels4Me Featured post: "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 62MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 68jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 62AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 56cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 64KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"