Wanted List: Crop Tops
Yves Saint Laurent & Rebecca Taylor, Photos Courtesy of Imaxtree & the Designer
Belly shirts? Oh no. Crop tops? Oh yes! Belly shirts are a relic of the ’90s that should definitely not make a comeback into the current decade, but their latest reincarnation seen in the Yves Saint Laurent and Rebbeca Taylor resort 2012 collections—crop tops—are perfectly fresh! The breezy pieces are a great way to show a little bit of skin (and we said little!) without being overly revealing. By pairing the look with high-waisted anything—shorts, pants, skirts—you can show off a small strip of your usually hidden torso in a totally appropriate way. If you’d rather keep your tummy hidden, layer a crop top over a dress or fitted tank to add a cute extra layer. Here are the crop tops we’d love to rock this summer:
Photo: Courtesy of Nasty Gal Lazy Oaf Stars & Stripes Cropped Tee, $50
Photo: Courtesy of Free People Free People Eyelet Crop Top, $58
Photo: Courtesy of Planet Blue WKSP Apache Mandala Slouch Crop Top, $44
Photo: Courtesy of Anthropologie Aiko Overtime Sweatshirt, $108
Photo: Courtesy of Urban Outfitters Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal Vintage Lace-Back Cropped Tank Top, $39
Photo: Courtesy of TopShop TopShop Coral Lace Fringed Crop Vest, $55
Photo: Courtesy of Lulu's Lulu’s Architectural Ambition Brown Crop Top, $33
Photo: Courtesy of Charlotte Russe Charlotte Russe Striped Pink Heart Top, $17
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 75Moosycakes21 Featured post: "Pandaribbon - DIY Pose Queen!"
- 732010vampire Featured post: "Non SS! This Week's Dream Suite"
- 38gp12119 Featured post: "Witchcraft ◇ Luna"
- 55tashychuckles Featured post: "Masked by Fashion?"
- 90Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "Callie's Picks #50 - Starcoin Outfits"
- 88semplicementMia29 Featured post: "Learn the rules and play better!"
- 64AngelLilac Featured post: "Hollywood Red Carpet Look"
- 64balleta0814 Featured post: "Styling the Basic White Lace Dress"
- 75lilrosamae17 Featured post: "Chromophobia in Fashion"
- 69Waddles16 Featured post: "Royalty - My Top Picks"