Fall 2011 Trend: Split Personality
For those of us who are maxed out on maxis, the fall 2011 shows offer some welcome news. Sort of. While the long, ground-grazing skirts aren’t going anywhere yet, designers are splitting them up the middle and finding exciting, new ways to update them for the modern woman who wants to avoid looking like a nun. Despite a distinct business vibe, Michael Kors kept his sportswear young and edgy, adding a side-splitting slit to his black wool mid-calf pieces. Maybe it’s the new casual Friday?
Michael Kors, Imaxtree
To take a mustard yellow slip from bohemian to jaw-dropping, Jenni Kayne created a wrap effect at the top and let the two flaps hang loose around the model’s exposed legs.
Jenni Kayne, Imaxtree
Hand the man a pair of scissors. Erdem amped up his ladylike print shifts and gowns with asymmetrical cuts.
Christopher Kane matched deep v-line necks with equally deep twin side slits.
Christopher Kane, Imaxtree
Although the collection already had its fair share of sex appeal with bright, transparent frocks, Gucci did away with its remaining fabric with its all-out glam, thigh-high split gowns.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 68lilrosamae17 Featured post: "Tips For Collecting Rare Items"
- 81Real.StarGirl Featured post: "Wear it with confidence"
- 58balleta0813 Featured post: "Being Popular isn't Everything"
- 52Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "Spring Fashion tips"
- 44Redstargal Featured post: "Looking Awake"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "Becoming a Blogger"
- 121madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Away From Keyboard"
- 66Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "Minimalistic Suite: Divina6000"
- 59Moosycakes20 Featured post: "My Doll: Then and Now!"
- 80maisie12345 Featured post: "Tips for Falling Asleep"