Fall 2011 Trend: Split Personality
For those of us who are maxed out on maxis, the fall 2011 shows offer some welcome news. Sort of. While the long, ground-grazing skirts aren’t going anywhere yet, designers are splitting them up the middle and finding exciting, new ways to update them for the modern woman who wants to avoid looking like a nun. Despite a distinct business vibe, Michael Kors kept his sportswear young and edgy, adding a side-splitting slit to his black wool mid-calf pieces. Maybe it’s the new casual Friday?
Michael Kors, Imaxtree
To take a mustard yellow slip from bohemian to jaw-dropping, Jenni Kayne created a wrap effect at the top and let the two flaps hang loose around the model’s exposed legs.
Jenni Kayne, Imaxtree
Hand the man a pair of scissors. Erdem amped up his ladylike print shifts and gowns with asymmetrical cuts.
Christopher Kane matched deep v-line necks with equally deep twin side slits.
Christopher Kane, Imaxtree
Although the collection already had its fair share of sex appeal with bright, transparent frocks, Gucci did away with its remaining fabric with its all-out glam, thigh-high split gowns.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- little_kit Featured post: "Dealing With Bullies"
- Snerfy15 Featured post: "Coloring Clothes in Summer!"
- Waddles17 Featured post: "Basics Aren't Basic"
- Moosycakes21 Featured post: "Starcoin Collecting Tips!"
- 2010vampire Featured post: "This Week's Dream Suite"
- lilrosamae18 Featured post: "Never be Under or Over-dressed"
- Fizzy_Popz Featured post: "Staying Determined"
- VampireLady3324 Featured post: "Ways to Entertain Yourself on Stardoll"
- Vintage_Freek Featured post: "Summer Activities"
- Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "What Happened to Me?"
- midnightmonkey619 Featured post: "Style Crush - The Olsens"