SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR!Hello my dear readers. First of all I wanna thank everyone who helped sugesting new goals for Stardoll in 2010. And second of all, I wanna remind you that the two more important brazilian fashion weeks happend in Brazil last month, Rio Fashion and Sao Paulo Fashion Week Winter 2010, you should take a look!
Now let's talk about my main subject, the most important celebretion of Brazil, the...
Carnival was brought to Brazil in the late XVIII century by Portuguese. With a big French influence, the party had a lot of failed attempts to boycott (not because of the influence, but the mess), although it has survived and became the biggest cultural Brazilian celebration.
The party lasts 4 days and ends 40 days before Easter.
Some of the most famous Brazilian Carnivals happens in the cities of Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Recife and Salvador (which had his party into “Guinness Book” as the biggest street celebration of the world, in 2005).
In the southeastern cities of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, organized parades led by samba schools vie for prizes on the "sambodromo" open stage. Only samba-school affiliates participate in the shows. Smaller cities often have no public events, but promote balls in recreational clubs.
The northeastern cities of Salvador, Porto Seguro, Recife, and Olinda have organized groups parading through streets, but watchers are also welcome to dance. They follow the "trio elétrico" floats through the city streets. The southern city of Florianópolis has the most important carnival in Southern Brazil.
The parades are full of color, fantasy and fun. The allegories represents many different human subjects. The costumes are rich in details and can cost thirty thousand reais (about fifteen thousand dollars).
The music played is Samba, various samba schools have been founded throughout Brazil. A samba school combines the dancing and party fun of a night club with the gathering place of a social club and the community feeling of a volunteer group.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 67lilrosamae16 Featured post: "Trends Inspired by London Fashion Week"
- 79maisie12345 Featured post: "Why It's Important To Be Yourself"
- 79Real.StarGirl Featured post: "Spring Cleaning"
- 120madmadeleine60 Featured post: "How to create a strong password"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "The Women YOU Want to Be"
- 43Redstargal Featured post: "Winter Baking"
- 57Moosycakes20 Featured post: "On Trend: Minimalism"
- 53allgerman123 Featured post: "Dealing With Social Media Drama"
- 62HighHeels4Me Featured post: "Your Doll's Face"
- 57Victoria452313 Featured post: "Time Management: Get Stuff Done!"
- 44GaGaLuv3r13 Featured post: "How To Look Like: Zoella!"