SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR!Hello my dear readers. First of all I wanna thank everyone who helped sugesting new goals for Stardoll in 2010. And second of all, I wanna remind you that the two more important brazilian fashion weeks happend in Brazil last month, Rio Fashion and Sao Paulo Fashion Week Winter 2010, you should take a look!
Now let's talk about my main subject, the most important celebretion of Brazil, the...
Carnival was brought to Brazil in the late XVIII century by Portuguese. With a big French influence, the party had a lot of failed attempts to boycott (not because of the influence, but the mess), although it has survived and became the biggest cultural Brazilian celebration.
The party lasts 4 days and ends 40 days before Easter.
Some of the most famous Brazilian Carnivals happens in the cities of Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Recife and Salvador (which had his party into “Guinness Book” as the biggest street celebration of the world, in 2005).
In the southeastern cities of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, organized parades led by samba schools vie for prizes on the "sambodromo" open stage. Only samba-school affiliates participate in the shows. Smaller cities often have no public events, but promote balls in recreational clubs.
The northeastern cities of Salvador, Porto Seguro, Recife, and Olinda have organized groups parading through streets, but watchers are also welcome to dance. They follow the "trio elétrico" floats through the city streets. The southern city of Florianópolis has the most important carnival in Southern Brazil.
The parades are full of color, fantasy and fun. The allegories represents many different human subjects. The costumes are rich in details and can cost thirty thousand reais (about fifteen thousand dollars).
The music played is Samba, various samba schools have been founded throughout Brazil. A samba school combines the dancing and party fun of a night club with the gathering place of a social club and the community feeling of a volunteer group.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- Moosycakes21 Featured post: "My FENDI Faves!"
- lilrosamae18 Featured post: "Chasing your Dream"
- Fizzy_Popz Featured post: "Staying Calm"
- Vintage_Freek Featured post: "Caught Comparing?"
- vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Things To Note When Plaza Shopping"
- midnightmonkey619 Featured post: "3 Ways To Wear... Festival Fashion"
- little_kit Featured post: "Dealing With Bullies"
- Snerfy15 Featured post: "Coloring Clothes in Summer!"
- Waddles17 Featured post: "Basics Aren't Basic"
- 2010vampire Featured post: "This Week's Dream Suite"
- VampireLady3324 Featured post: "Ways to Entertain Yourself on Stardoll"
- Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "What Happened to Me?"