- Last week Charlie Sheen once again attacked Ashton Kutcher and his performance on "Two and a Half Men". "I'm tired of lying. I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck. I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck. I'm tired of pretending like they're not completely adrift.", he said then. But it wasn't until yesterday that we really raised our eyebrows - because he apologized! On Twitter he wrote: “Dear Ashton- My bad. I was disrespectful to a man doing his best. I got excited and threw you into a crossfire,” Sheen tweeted. “The rest of my statement I stand behind. You, however, deserve better. Safety in your travels good sir. The ‘late’ Charlie Harper.” Ashton Kutcher has not responded to the Tweet. Anyway, apologizing is a good step, Sheen! (hollywoodreporter)
- Back to NYC and back to reality! One of the highlights of the trip was meeting the author of Dreaming of Chanel, Charlotte Smith. In her book, she writes about the priceless inheritance of a vintage clothing collection every girl dreams of. From Chanel to Vivienne Westwood and Valentino, she captures the gorgeous dresses and the stories behind the fabulous women that wore them. It was hard not to be in awe of her as we all intently listened to her stories.
Photo: Courtesy of Joanne Hong
Although the show is over, the real work has just begun. I’ve started a list of boutiques that I want to contact here in NYC as well as other surrounding cities. Do you have any favorite boutiques in your area? Read all Joanne’s posts here!
There’s not much we can say that’s already been said about this brooding babe. Last night was the L.A. premiere of Taylor Kitsch’s new movie, John Carter, so clearly he holds ELLEgirl’s title of Crush of the Lifetime Week. The 30-year-old Canadian actor is best known for his role as Tim Riggins, the troubled heartthrob/heart breaker on the highly-praised (though not nearly enough appreciated) high school football drama Friday Night Lights. If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll recall that Dillon Panthers Quarterback #33 had little to no lines in the first season (the epitome of the strong, silent type) before evolving into a central character on the show. We welcomed that transition with open arms, just as we welcome Kitsch’s shift from the small screen to the silver screen.
Courtesy of Disney The epic sci-fi tale of John Carter—hitting theaters in 3D March 9th—is based on a character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs 100 years ago. Kitsch plays John Carter, a jaded soldier who’s transported to the middle of a Martian civil war. In filming the action-adventure movie, which also stars Lynn Collins, Kitsch has endured “some groin tears, to high ankle sprains, some good cuts.” Groin tears? Yikes. But in the end, he says of the film: “Visually, it’s going to be incredible.” We won’t argue with that. Kitsch is also appearing in upcoming films Battleship and Savages. (On the rumored FNL movie, Kitsch has “no idea what’s going on” and, sadly to us, admits to Access Hollywood that if he had his way, he wouldn’t reprise his role as Rigs on the big screen.) Before Hollywood fame, Kitsch worked as a personal trainer as well as a model for Diesel and Abercrombie & Fitch—neither of which are surprising. But did you know he’s also certified as a nutritionist? Hot and healthy.
From left to right, Jeremy Irvine, Clemence Poesy, Eddie Redmayne, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Mario Testino & Kate Bosworth.
While Marc Jacobs laid claim to Oliver, Christopher Bailey set his sights on Eliza Doolittle. There was something childish about Burberry Prorsum’s fall collection, called Town and Country. Bow belts nipped in the waists of ruffled velvet skirts over t-shirts and sweaters sketched with owls. Floral dresses in fall colors like orange, purple and burgundy had peplums, a silhouette matched by the over-sized pockets on waxed and cordurouy jackets and coat dresses. There was plenty of tweed and houndstooth, but also studded gloves and python bags (many of which were topped off with fox head fasteners) for the brand’s newly signature rock n’ roll edge. After Cara Delevigne made the final exit (no Karlie Kloss in sight), the music stopped and rain poured down on the tent, which sat in the middle of the otherwise sunny Kensington Square Gardens. Inside, confetti fell, to the delight of the star-heavy front row, and the models marched out with massive umbrellas. Yes, it was hard to keep one’s eye on the clothes when Eddie Redmayne glowed in the front row, but if anyone can capture an audience, it’s Bailey.
From left to right, Christopher Kane, Gucci & Prada.
We already mentioned that there’s a slew of purple on the fall runways, but now that we’ve entered part two of the collections, even the carpets are turning purple. What was a one off pop of color in London, at Christopher Kane, has been spotted twice in as many days in Milan thanks to both Gucci and Prada. Apparently fall is all about matching the carpet to the, um, coats!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 73Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 83The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 69chelamin Featured post: "Bows Bows Bows! "
- 63maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 82Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 44HighHeels4Me Featured post: "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 30oliviax612 Featured post: "Ideas are Coming!!!"
- 36GaGaLuv3r11 Featured post: "Procrastinating for the Idea!"
- 49uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Celebs in pastels!! :)"
- 97Oo.Ashley.oO12 Featured post: "Following Stardoll Rules"
- 61MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 60jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 55Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Spring Trend- Black & White NonSS Outfit"
- 59the.kewl.kid Featured post: "New Polished Collection"
- 37MQueen14 Featured post: "Fashion Inspiration"
- 60AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 53cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 48Lay-Cey Featured post: "The mermaid dress"
- 59KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"
- 62kamuz24 Featured post: "A suite that "moves" !"
- 53Butterflypp Featured post: "Top Five Winners! (Creativity Contest)"