- If we didn't know these pictures were from a photo shoot we'd be wondering what the heck Beyonce was doing! The singer posed in a Dolce & Gabbana dress on the balcony of the Ritz hotel in Paris yesterday for an editorial shoot for Harper's Bazaar. Beyonce did all kinds of strange poses including sticking her clenched fist up in the air but we'll have to wait for an explanation until the issue comes out!
- Keira Knightley may not have found her prince charming yet but her brother has found his princess! The actress' brother Caleb Knightley married his longtime girlfriend Kerry Nixon at Pollokshields Burgh Hall in Glasgow, Scotland yesterday and Keira stole the thunder in her cute burgundy dress! Attention is nice on your wedding day but this may have been a little more than the bride asked for!
- We hardly recognized Chris Evans in his new hairstyle and with seriously bigger biceps! The actor was spotted running around Manhattan yesterday filming a scene for the new movie "Captain America: The First Avenger"! Serious comic book movie buffs as we are we just can't wait for this movie to come out!
- No doubt most of the cameras will be pointed on the couple itself but here's a list of other celebrities that are expected to show up to witness the marriage between Prince William and Kate Middleton!The palace has just revealed the "secret list" of attendees and it's no surprise beloved Brits Victoria and David Beckham, as well as Elton John are on it! More surprising perhaps are singer Joss Stone, Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe, director Guy Ritchie and the always funny Rowan Atkinson!Besides the above mentioned celebrity royalty there will, of course, be a whole bunch of real royals attending, including representatives from the Belgian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Saudi royal families! We can't wait for the red carpet (or whatever they call it at a royal wedding)! (Source: Popeater)
Photo: Courtesy of Just Jared
This morning Lea Michele was hamming it up on the set of Glee in Times Square. We love how she takes a normally winter appropriate look (tights, hat, coat…) and with fun brights makes it feel totally springy and fresh. Plus the clashing color combos, stripes, and tights with open-toed sandals are right on trend for 2011! Try these pieces for a similar style:
Jay-Z & Beyonce in Paris this week. Photo: Getty Images
Beyoncé’s in Paris right now with Jay-Z. She’s not on her way to the royal wedding—this morning’s news swore she and Jay we’re headlining Will and Kate’s after party. A source told the Daily Star that the prince, who’s also invited Kanye West to the actual ceremony, was psyched to dance to “Crazy In Love” post-dinner. Unfortunately, it’s not true. (Though if you were a prince and could pick anyone to perform at your wedding wouldn’t Jay and Beyoncé be at the absolute top of your list?) A rep for the pop star says she’ll be in New York for a shoot this weekend instead of in London. Beyoncé is, however, leading the way for fall’s number one trend—polka dots on polka dots. She may be the only one who can make this Christmas-colored Marc Jacobs look appropriate for spring. She paired it with a black croc bag, no makeup and casual hair up top—a perfect balance.
Tony Duquette used to design costumes for MGM musicals before he started his own design firm. Eventually, he worked on fine jewelry for Tom Ford when Ford was at Gucci, but in between he decided he really, really liked leopard print. In the 50s he used it on everything—pillows, walls, clothes and furniture—and it became a sort of signature. So when J.Crew issued this season’s leopard print cardigan (there’s always a slight variation on the same thing) they named it for the late Duquette. Well Duquette Inc. still exists. It’s run by the designer’s business partner, Hutton Wilkinson, and Wilkinson’s just sued J.Crew for using its trademark without permission. They’re going after injunctive relief, damages and attorneys’ fees—J.Crew’s yet to comment. J.Crew was probably trying to pay tribute to the late designer, like naming a ballet flat the Audrey, but their tribute’s about to land them in court. Is this nuts? Or do you think Duquette Inc. stands a chance?
Lysney Wixson in her Jason Wu prom dress.
If you were a 17-year-old supermodel, what would you wear to prom? It’s hard to remember that most of the models you see on the catwalk really are that age—though easier since now, thanks to Twitter, they’ve taken to broadcasting their prom pictures to the world. Last year it was Karlie Kloss, who wore a silver Oscar de la Renta. This time around it’s Lindsey Wixson via Wichita, Kansas. The blonde, who’s known for her cartoon-like lips and the miniature gap between her teeth, donned a cobalt blue Jason Wu dress with white slingback sandals. Wu made it just for her, but it wouldn’t look out of place on his spring catwalk. If you’re going to wear a custom-made designer dress to prom, Wu’s a pretty good choice. But who would you pick? And how long until a model chooses something edgy a la Alex Wang or Altuzarra? Or more importantly, who’ll Tweet it first?
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 66the.kewl.kid19 Featured post: "Spring Beauty Tutorial"
- 34oliviax613 Featured post: "GET THE LOOK: STYLING YOURSELF"
- 55HighHeels4Me Featured post: "Floral Starcoin Outfit!"
- 39GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"
- 53Lay-Cey Featured post: "Beach inspired eyes"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "New School Year, New You!"
- 56Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Get the Marilyn Monroe look!"
- 54uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Airport/traveling bag essentials!"
- 61hannahsweet10 Featured post: "Favorite Inspirational Songs"
- 46cool_lady_gaga5 Featured post: "Rainbow eyes!"
- 89FashionMonarch Featured post: "5 Essential Summer Skin Care Tips"
- 73chelamin Featured post: "Anime Makeover "
- 77Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 85The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 74maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 91Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 62MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 69jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 62AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 56cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 64KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"