STARDOLL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions on Stardoll "Site" (www.stardoll.com )("Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Stardoll 55 Gloucester Road, London SW7 4QN ("Stardoll").
3. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed on the page for such Competition and are incorporated into the Rules.
4. Stardoll reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Stardoll's reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within the terms and conditions.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Stardoll shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
9. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. You are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction (outside the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland) where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Stardoll’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, Stardoll assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Rules and Stardoll assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition).
11. Channel 4 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Stardoll in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. You may enter the Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and Stardoll discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Stardoll may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
17. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Stardoll cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Stardoll’s control.
19. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Rules, from all qualifying Entries within 24 hours of the closing date specified in the Competition Rules.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Rules (and may be contacted by Stardoll or Stardoll’s nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Rules. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Channel 4 reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Prizes are awarded at Stardoll’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Stardoll and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Rules and must be observed. Stardoll reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
27. In consideration of Stardoll agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Stardoll (and third parties authorised by Stardoll) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant Stardoll (and third parties authorised by Stardoll) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
30. Stardoll cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Stardoll is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Stardoll liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Stardoll reserves the right to use the user names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Stardoll for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Stardoll to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
How to contact us
34. You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to [Name of Competition], Satrdoll, 55 Gloucester Road, London, SW7 4QN
Last updated 30 April 2009