- One of our favorite things about fall is breaking out our bomber jackets and good old riding boots, which, by the way, are looking better for the wear year after year. That’s because with leather, it only gets better (forgive the silly rhyming scheme, it’s just so true). Ladies, when in the market for anything leather, keep these tips in mind.
1. Know that you’re doing your wardrobe a huge favor when you spend the extra dollars on the real deal. The point of an investment is that it will pay for itself…once, twice, 100 times over. In the long run, you’ve got yourself something that will last. Genuine leather jackets, shoes, and bags will stick with you long after one season—perhaps even your entire lifetime if you take pristine care of it—which brings us to the next pointer.
2. Go for classic, timeless, and versatile pieces. That jacket with the $300 price tag? Make sure you can wear it to more than a Wild West-themed house party. This sounds like a no-brainer, but trendy, super hot eye-candy can cast a pretty convincing spell when you have the cash. Steer clear of an over-abundance of fringe, tassels, zippers, oversize zippers, pockets, neons, patchworks, paint splatters, lucky charms, well…you get the idea. Now, we realize we can’t always be splurging on clothes, and that’s cool (not to mention a good rule to live by!). So here we’ve included both synthetic and genuine leather buys that we’ve got our eyes on. Whether you’re more interested in something super trendy or ultra classic, or whether you’re more for statement-making accessories or prefer subtle leather details, there’s something here for you—and everything’s under $200. Check it out!
A few looks from Banana Republic's spring collection. Photo: BFANYC
Last night, Banana Republic unveiled their spring collection way above New York City in the Glass Houses. The collection was, of course, easy, breezy and Safari-themed (for the most part). Creative Director Simon Kneen said he’d been feeling South America over the summer. Not thanks to a vacation—”I wish!”—but from his rotating playlist of boss nova. “I was listening to a lot of Astrud Gilberto over the summer, that really helped! It got me in the mood, thinking of the color and the vibrancy in a very kind of cool, relaxed, lying on the beach somewhere kind of way.” Though the prints were bright, the silhouettes were sharp. A-line skirts and nipped waist dresses provided plenty of work-to-drinks options. As for the current season, we asked Kneen what kind of last minute Halloween costume one could put together with only Banana Republic. “That’d be very difficult! I don’t think you could go with Lady Gaga,” he said, looking puzzled. “But you could go with Princess Catherine? A great dress with a good bag and a great shoe—you’d look polished and refined like a princess. Some people I’m sure would say, “What are you?” and you’d have to tell them, but that’s a modern princess for you!”
H&M’s no stranger to collaborations—but today brings news of their first with a film. Instead of a designer, the Swedish store’s partnering with the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the David Fincher film based on Steig Larsson’s novel of the same name. The movie, which stars Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig, opens in December, but they’re already ramping up a massive press presence. Trish Summerville, the film’s costume designer, worked with H&M to develop a capsule collection of Lisbeth Salander-worthy high street clothes. Leather jackets and pants, slouchy tees and hooded sweaters make up the bulk of the 30 piece collection. “Salander’s look is very real and very lived in, with pieces that her character has worn for a long time, like her jackets that act as her armour to shield her from the world. I wanted the collection to have the essence and strength of Salander, with a fashion edge, and I’m pleased with the result,” Summerville said. The collection will hit Colette on November 28th and H&M stores on December 14th.
- Justin Bieber loves making sure that his gal gets nothing but first class treatment, even when just watching a movie! As you may remember, last month he rented the entire Staples center for a private screening of Titanic, and apparently now he has gone and done it again! This time, the couple enjoyed a private viewing of the movie "Real Steel" in Winnipeg, Canada and get this, they even had pizza delivered to the theater! Oh, to be young, in love and filthy rich!
- So it’s Diwali today and we at Stardoll LOVE festivals. To get into the Diwali spirit, we suggest you wear new clothes, clean your room and light lots of candles. And don’t forget to wish your Indian friends a happy Diwali, they’ll love you for it! If you’d like to learn more about celebrating Diwali, you should read this article. We also have a Diwali quiz where all participants get a lamp and winners will get a beautiful dress.
Have a very happy Diwali!!
I thought that a lot of you might want to win NCG, so here are some tips of what to do, and what not to do to help!
- This week's celeb is so hot that we would pack our bags and move to Mystic Falls in a heartbeat. Of course we know that Paul Wesley isn't really his Vampire Diaries character, Stefan Salvatore, but still... he's so amazing! Did you know that Paul's real name is Paul Wasilewski, but since it was too hard for people to remember and pronounce he changed it! Since his days on The Vampire Diaries, Paul has quickly turned into one of the hottest It celebs! Click on the pics to see more of the very hot, Stefan, err... we mean Paul!
CONOSCI LE NOSTRE STARBLOGGERS
- 36marianna300512 Articolo distaccato: "La giornata della Terra."
- 36Lallarock150 Articolo distaccato: "Moda e ambiente. Insieme per la sostenibilità."
- 54sharpay348 Articolo distaccato: "Tendenze Moda Estate 2013"
- 85MarieM.23 Articolo distaccato: "CUCINA...RE! CHE PASSIONE!"
- 39JuaCozzaNuda Articolo distaccato: "Icona della Moda alla Casa Bianca"
- 48xLucyfera21 Articolo distaccato: "Nail Art Primavera Estate 2013"
- 47giulia88914 Articolo distaccato: "Perchè desideriamo diventare CG?"
- 76semplicementMia27 Articolo distaccato: ""Guida di Saggezza" per i Social Network"
- 7989ile23 Articolo distaccato: "In & Out Oscar 2013."
- 67aleroby91 Articolo distaccato: "TENDENZE MODA - PRIMAVERA 2013"
- 83rebyelucy22 Articolo distaccato: "Internet Safer day -3-"
- 94alina81k Articolo distaccato: "Diritti e doveri? Anche online!"
- 63piccolino1114 Articolo distaccato: "Safer Internet Day "
- 52MISS.crystalice Articolo distaccato: "Una stanza da sogno!"