Ramadan - Facts & Information
I think most of you will have seen lots of new features on Stardoll involving the month of Ramadan but I also think a lot of you will not be entirely sure on what Ramadan actually is so I'm writing today to tell you more about it!
Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic calander and it is a very important month for Muslims worldwide and is a time of fasting. For those of you who do not know what fasting is, fasting is the act of giving up something important to you to help develop self-discipline, empathy for the less fortunate, and self-control. Fasting lasts from dawn until sunset everyday of Ramadan and during this time most Muslims, except children who are too young to fast, are required to give up eating and drinking as part of their religious celebrations because they believe that fasting will bring them "sawab" which is an Islamic word for the rewards of fasting.
During Ramadan, Muslims often decorate their homes and Islamic towns and cities are often adorned with lights and lanterns making this month more enjoyable, to take pressure away from fasting which can be quite difficult if you're not used to it, and to simply add to the festivities of the month.
Here is a photo of a room in my Beach Villa which I have decorated in an Eastern style to help people get into the spirit of Ramadan regardless of religious values.
스타 블로거 만나보기
- starlight_071114 특집 포스팅 : "Right Here, Right Now"
- katlow77 특집 포스팅 : "Thinking Critically"
- CharmingStar 특집 포스팅 : "The Right Necklace"
- Live4Selena 특집 포스팅 : "Chocolate Lava Mug Cake"
- Moosycakes22 특집 포스팅 : "Advice for New Players!"
- Snerfy16 특집 포스팅 : "A Shrine to A. A. Milne"
- Real.StarGirl15 특집 포스팅 : "Cosy Winter Boots"
- lilrosamae18 특집 포스팅 : "The Chicken And The Egg"
- AlwaysMissLace 특집 포스팅 : "Spreading Happiness 😊"
- midnightmonkey620 특집 포스팅 : "Chanel Tribute"
- 2010vampire 특집 포스팅 : "Those People..."
- Fizzy_Popz 특집 포스팅 : "Getting Through The Worst"