- We spotted Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross, her husband Tom Mahoney and their daughters Eden and Savannah have a family picnic at the Temescal Canyon Park in Los Angeles last weekend! Marcia looks just like any other happy family oriented mom whenever we see her out, it's usually hard to even spot she is an celebrity! That's probably just the way she likes it too.Check out the adorable pictures from their easter picnic in the gallery above!
Reese Witherspoon’s onscreen personas often portray a strong sartorial statement, from Election’s no-nonsense chic to Legally Blonde‘s overt femininity. But that doesn’t mean Witherspoon lacks a voice of her own on the red carpet. She regularly demonstrates her confidence and fashion savvy with handpicked vintage finds, such as her infamous 1956 Dior from Didier Ludot’s Parisian shop and the most red-hot labels of today, like Jason Wu and Nina Ricci. See our favorite highlights of her style evolution after the jump:
Balenciaga fall 2011, Imaxtree
Answering the prayers of women everywhere who love the fashion-forward thinking of a strapless bag, but also maintain enough of a busy schedule to carry around more than the bare necessities, the envelope clutch is on the job for spring and fall 2011. Unlike its slinky, nocturnal cousin, this purse is suitable for all times and purposes. Lanvin’s utilitarian version added a new drama to the office, while Balenciaga’s opulent braided numbers were born for a night of mischief. No matter where you decide the envelope clutch fits in your life (or how much you can fit inside it) here are some options we’re craving:
- While the rest of the world have to wait until 65 before they can retire, Hollywood residents are pretty much free to do it a good 20-30 years premature! Ryan Phillippe recently revealed that he plans on putting an end to his acting career at the mere age of 36. The reason he says, is because after 20 years in the spotlight, he has grown pretty tired of it and now wants to spend more time in New York. Are you guys going to miss him on the big screen, or was his hotness days sort of coming to an end anyway?
Melissa Pelz, Right Photo: Ligne de Soie
Melissa Pelz is a loungewear designer by day, Kate Middleton “lookalike” by night and has decided to combine the two with a “Royal Bridal Collection” inspired by…the fact that she looks like Kate Middleton. Seriously. After moving to London, the California native, who we guess kind of looks like Kate (especially in the eyebrows), was told of her striking resemblance to the future princess by “countless friends and strangers,” reads a press release. Eventually, she was put in touch with Susan Scott’s agency Lookalikes, which, based on their website, honestly looks like a place where anyone with a digital camera and the vaguest resemblance to a celebrity can get a spot (there are currently 19 Kate Middletons). Apparently, despite not even being British, she has done some “royal appearances,” “showed off royal memorabilia” and “appeared in foreign press.”
Photo: Ligne de Soie
It’s amazing she has time to dedicate to her real passion—a silk lougewear company called Ligne de Soie, for which she has created a limited edition Ligne de Soie Royal Bridal Collection, which includes the Royal Sapphire Silk Nightdress ($150) and Royal Silk Dressing Gown ($279), or the “Royal Robe.” In the press release, Pelz sort of manages to make a connection between her Kate Middleton resemblance and the loungewear line, with a slightly creepy explanation: “Because of what I do in my daily life as a loungewear designer, I’m mostly interested in what she [Kate] wears out of the public eye, while lounging around in the privacy of her home. I always think it must be something really luxurious—something to make her not just look like, but truly feel like a princess.“ Do you think Kate Middleton-branded loungewear has a chance of taking off? Normally, we would guess not but given the level of royal wedding obsession that seems to have taken over the world, and the existence of even weirder things like the royal wedding refrigerator, you never know.
TOKYO—Although Japan Fashion Week, scheduled to run at the end of March, was officially canceled due to the earthquake and ensuing disaster, it didn’t stop many featured designers from sharing their fall ’11 collections. Over the past month, many labels have either rescheduled their runway shows, shown at a scaled down presentation, or quickly shot and released lookbook images. It’s not exactly business as usual in Tokyo, but it’s clear that designers are determined to keep going, despite the heartbreaking circumstances. And if they’re still working, it means that the trends that infiltrate fashion in Japan will still influence what people around the world will be wearing six months, a year, or even two years from now.
So in a nod to Japan’s hard-working designers, here’s a round-up of the five big trends spotted in the fall ’11 collections. Let’s hope that the country’s recovery comes just as quickly as the imminent influx of overalls and blanket coats.
Chanel’s annual Tribeca film festival dinner’s become as much a part of the festival as the movies. Last night, they held it at Odeon and invited a guest list spanning R.J. Cutler to Jeff Koons with classics like Chloe Sevigny, Zoe Kravitz and Lauren Hutton mixed in. A glowing and seemingly ageless Lauren Hutton wore a shiny red Chanel blazer with a black skirt and a brown woven backpack—a casual outfit for such a soireè, but she told us that she “adores fashion.” Her first piece of Chanel was given to her, “for free believe it or not! I was shooting for a magazine in Europe when I first started modeling and I got to keep it, I’ll never forget it. It was the most beautiful little jacket I’d ever seen.” And aside from briefly conversing about her love of fashion, film and the city of New York, we of course had to veer toward the subject of her beauty regimen to which she charmingly responded that the real secret behind a flawless and timeless look is, “a good man.”
- Check out these pictures of Jennifer Hudson captured yesterday when she arrived at her hotel! Don't you think she looked really relaxed and cool? At least we do! Pay some attention to the funky blue eye shadows and eyeliner that she wore. A perfect way to style up your relaxed and colorless outfit. We love how she dares to experiment with colors!
- It's a hard life being a paparazzi photographer but if you happen to be one we suggest you camp outside Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale's house! We spotted the family at Gwen's mother's yesterday afternoon after Easter Sunday lunch and it seems they had so much leftover candy that Gavin decided to share some with the photographers outside! What a guy!
In what stands as a major global music relief effort to benefit those affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan, over 30 of the biggest names in music have joined together for the worldwide release of ‘Songs for Japan’….an amazing compilation of 38 chart-topping hits and classic tracks. From Bruno Mars and Adele to Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry, the artists participating on Songs for Japan, the music labels, and music publishers have waived their royalties and all proceeds go to the Japanese Red Cross Society in support of their relief efforts.
Available worldwide on the iTunes Store here.
The Songs for Japan track listing feature and all-star line-up:
1. John Lennon "Imagine"
2. U2 "Walk On"
3. Bob Dylan "Shelter From The Storm"
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers "Around The World"
5. Lady Gaga "Born This Way"
6. Beyonce "Irreplaceable"
7. Bruno Mars "Talking To The Moon"
8. Katy Perry "Firework"
9. Rihanna "Only Girl (In The World)"
10. Justin Timberlake "Like I Love You"
11. Madonna "Miles Away"
12. David Guetta "When Love Takes Over"
13. Eminem "Love The Way You Lie"
14. Bruce Springsteen "Human Touch"
15. Josh Groban "Awake"
16. Keith Urban "Better Life"
17. Black Eyed Peas "One Tribe"
18. Pink "Sober"
19. Cee Lo Green "It's Ok"
20. Lady Antebellum "I Run To You"
21. Bon Jovi "What Do You Got?"
22. Foo Fighters "My Hero"
23. R.E.M. "Man On The Moon"
24. Nicki Minaj "Save Me"
25. Sade "By Your Side"
26. Michael Buble "Hold On"
27. Justin Bieber "Pray"
28. Adele "Make You Feel My Love"
29. Enya "If I Could Be Where You Are"
30. Elton John "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
31. John Mayer "Waiting On The World To Change"
32. Queen "Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)"
33. Kings Of Leon "Use Somebody"
34. Sting "Fragile"
35. Leona Lewis "Better In Time"
36. Ne-Yo "One In A Million"
37. Shakira "Whenever, Wherever"
38. Norah Jones "Sunrise"
CONHEÇA OS STARBLOGGERS
- 48Carolinamodelo7 Artigo em destaque: "Como cuidar do teu Cabelo"
- 65klarine15 Artigo em destaque: "HotBuys & Rares"
- 54WowCowAnjo21 Artigo em destaque: "Stanley Kubrick"
- 54Estrelinhah Artigo em destaque: "Os sonhos"
- 63miss_vilarelho16 Artigo em destaque: "Encontra o biquini ideal"
- 48wonder-princess15 Artigo em destaque: "Nail art - Spring "
- 65fredinha449 Artigo em destaque: "Fotografias com Mil Palavras #6"
- 57ShaLiiMaR Artigo em destaque: "be fashion (look)"
- 107filipinhamaria18 Artigo em destaque: "Entrevista com Rebeldegajo"
- 60Leonor.Stardoll Artigo em destaque: "#8 Entrevista à LadyLaraCroft."
- 64Mary.DKNY15 Artigo em destaque: "80's"
- 70-.Flor.- Artigo em destaque: "Dia Internacional da Mulher"
- 41AnnieArtemisa18 Artigo em destaque: "Dicas!"