- We’re not one to name drop but when it comes to personal style, there’s a strong level of sartorial influence when you’re famously named Kate. From Moss’s galoshes and Bosworth’s cuffed shorts, to Olsen’s massive sunglasses and the dress heard ’round the world by Middleton—everything you have or want to have in your closet first appeared on these savvy women. Take a glimpse at these notorious ensembles to see
which lust-worthy look you’ll wear next!
Courtesy of Harper's azaar
Kate Moss: Effortless Cool How does she do it?! The supermodel/designer trudges through mud in this unforgettable outfit spawning a legion of copy Kates. Seven years later, pairing Hunter boots with cut-off shorts still get our stamp of approval.
Courtesy of Denimology
Kate Bosworth: Comfort Chic The trendsetting actress knows exactly how to pull-off ultimate California style. With such a youthful approach to fashion, she’s become the one to watch at Coachella since wearing these white peekaboo pocket shorts by
Current/Elliott. So cute!
Courtesy of Zimbio
Kate Middleton: Ladylike Elegance Oozing graceful sophistication, the princess’ claim to icon status came long before the McQueen wedding gown. She first dazzled the world on the royal carpet in a timeless, blue Issa dress which not only sold out in hours but reissued two years later due to popular demand.
Courtesy of Olsen Anonymous
Mary-Kate Olsen: Easy Bohemian What distinguishes this (Mary) Kate from the others is her anti-fashion agenda. In a sea of slim-fitting, body con outfits worn by her stylish peers, she drenches herself in layers and embraces the world of over-sized. Though she appears hidden inside her baggy shorts, men’s blazer and signature sunnies, the influence of this major trend ignitor is palpable.
Photo: Getty Images
Lady Gaga tweeted a warning to Carly Rae Jepson after breaking Gaga’s Billboard record. The mother monster informed Jepson she was coming for her. Fashion & Style.
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition is taking eco-chic to the next level. The group has released a three step scoring system that allows apparel companies to evaluate how sustainable their clothes are. WWD.
Jil Sander has released the world’s most expensive lunch bag. The designer has created a men’s coated paper bag that retails for $290! MTV Style.
Peep the new ASOS magazine and you’ll see some familiar faces. The Man Repeller (Leandra Medine) and British songstress Rita Ora both make appearances. ASOS.
Christian Louboutin has recently made every geeky-chic fashionista’s dreams come true! The shoe designer created a pair of tech-inspired peep toe heels. BetaBeat.
Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
The earring has expanded! Like Alicia Keys above rockin’ the Repossi Ear Cuff at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards this spring, stars are saying goodbye to studs and dangles—and are trying on to ear cuffs for size. And we’re not just talking about understated pieces. Ear cuffs make a bold fashion statement, and come in a variety of styles ranging from simple to blinged out. Check out these looks! We’re sure that they will win you over.
Photo: Courtesy of Urban Outfitters Urban Outfitters Spike Ear Cuff Earring, $18
Photo: Courtesy of Topshop Topshop Stone Ear Cuff Earring, $12
Photo: Courtesy of Endless.com LUV AJ “Heavy Metal Lover Collection” Crystal Cross Ear Cuff Bracelet, $77
Photo: Courtesy of ASOS ASOS Gold Bunting Ear Cuff, $17
Photo: Courtesy of Miss Wax Miss Wax Abstract Triangle Solo Suede Earrings, $24
Photo: Courtesy of Claire's Claire’s Wrapping Wing Ear Cuff, $8
Photo: Courtesy of I Shine Accessories I Shine Accessories Vintage Feather Ear Cuff, $10
Photo: Courtesy of Miss Selfridge Miss Selfridge Cream Ornate Ear Cuff, $18
Photo: Courtesy of Sheinside Sheinside Silver-Tone Winged Ear Cuff, $11
Photo: Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins Dorothy Perkins Rhinestone Vine Ear Cuff, $15
Photo: Getty Images
Move over, Lindsay! Little sis Ali Lohan is making a name for herself by moving to Korea to work as a model. Daily Mail. Selena Gomez is partnering with Case-Mate to launch a global marketing campaign, creating fashion-forward cases for mobile phones. Keep an eye out for this collabo, coming out this September! Disney Info Net. Who would have guessed that former Disney star Hillary Duff would take on a career as an author? She recently revealed the cover of her final book of the Elixir trilogy via Twitter. The book True is coming soon! Just Jared. Oscar De La Renta’s fall campaign will feature models Candice Swanepoel and Katyrn Kruger, saying goodbye to Karlie Kloss who was featured in five seasons. WWD. Is Madonna a fashion copy-cat? Her new shoe line is looking a lot like styles from Louboutin, Nowhere, and Valentino. Fashionista.
Photo: Courtesy of Twitter.com/MrRPMurphy
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy tweeted a picture of Lea Michele and Kate Hudson together on set! Kate Hudson will play Cassandra July, Rachel’s dance teacher at the fictional New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts. Twitter. The 2012 MTV Video Music Award nominees have been announced! The VMAs will air live from Los Angeles on Thursday, September 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Cast your vote now on the MTV website. MTV. Vanessa Hudgens chopped off her long summer locks. Check out her new ‘do on her official blog. Vanessa Hudgens Official Site. Can’t get enough of Demi Lovato? Check out her Tumblr to see exclusive pictures from her summer tour 2012. Demi Lovato’s Tumblr. Target is going all-out for their Target + Neiman Marcus limited-edition holiday collection. With well-known model Karlie Kloss and Quentin Jones (who has created films for Chanel) on board, we can’t wait for the highly-anticipated December 1st launch! WWD.
Photo: Getty Images
Whitney Port wants your help in funding her spring 2013 fashion week show. Give a few dollars and she’ll talk style with you. Celebuzz. Check out ELLE.com’s Lauren Levinson talking about the styling tool she just can’t live without! Refinery29. Singer Tallia Storm is giving Lady Gaga a run for her money with her giant hair bow. See what the young star has to say about the criticism she received after the debut or her ‘do. Styleist. You can now purchase a nail polish made of black diamonds for $250,000. Chump change! Fashionista. What do Chanel and Lady Gaga have in common you ask? They’re both releasing black colored fragrances. Fashion etc.
Photo: Splash News
Blake Lively is a lucky girl, not only does she have designers vying for a chance to work with her (like Gucci and Chanel) she also plays an Upper East Side fashionista on Gossip Girl. If we counted correctly that sounds like two amazing wardrobe opportunities. Here, Blake was spotted on set embodying the infamous Serena van der Woodsen in an outfit that was choc full of colors, textures, and patterns. Blake has proven to be a star not only when it comes to acting but dressing too so EG wants to help you get her look! Try the pieces below for a similar style.
Photo: courtesy of Tobi Beaded Points Tank, $46.
Photo: courtesy of Free People Follow My Lead Beaded Tank, $118.
Photo: courtesy of Bloomingdale FREE PEOPLE Stardust Embellished Tank, $47.
Photo: courtesy of 6pm BCBGENERATION Floral Printed Skirt, $30.
Photo: courtesy of American Apparel Floral Chiffon Double Layered Waist Skirt, $42.
Photo: courtesy of Mikkat Market Watercolor Skirt, $49.
Photo: courtesy of Nordstrom REBECCA MINKOFF ‘M.A.B. Mini’ Satchel, $495.
Photo: courtesy of Arden B. Front Flap Leatherette Bag, $69.
Photo: courtesy of Endless POUR LA VICTOIRE Zimmer Platform Pump, $250.
Photo: courtesy of Nordstrom JEFFREY CAMPBELL Midler Pump, $90.
- Vests have been hot on the fashion scene lately. It all started a few years back when everyone and their mother could be spotted in a fur rendition. While the fur vest is still a cool look, the vest trend has evolved beyond fur and is now available in so many different styles. Vests are great pieces for fall because they add an extra layer without being too heavy. We suggest adding a vest (or a couple) to your back to school shopping list so peep our five favorite styles below for some sleeveless inspiration!
Photo: courtesy of Brandy Melville BRANDY MELVILLE Jeannie Vest, $65.
EG thinks that the denim vest is an absolute essential. This piece will take you through all four seasons and will always add an effortless edge to your look. Whether you throw it over a flirty dress for summer or layer it on top of a chunky sweater in the fall, this vest will provide you with countless stylish looks! This Brandy Melville one is great because it has low cut sides under your arms allowing trendy sleeves to flow perfectly through them without that annoying scrunch factor.
Photo: courtesy of Urban Outfitters THISTLEPEARL Moonstone Vest, $30.
Flowy sheer vests like this are an easy and fun way to add a boho feel to your look. When you pair this light and airy fringed piece with a basic dress or any type of denim on bottom the result will be an insanely cool bohemian chic vibe.
Photo: courtesy of Forever21 Studded Faux Leather Vest, $25.
The moto vest is undeniably one of the most sought after pieces around right now. This piece will instantaneously vamp up your wardrobe and make you feel like a bad biker chick. The studded shoulders on this piece just make it that much cooler while the cream color adds a bit of femininity to it. A moto vest can be worn time and time again and can act as your leather jacket when it’s too hot to rock sleeves.
Photo: courtesy of Old Navy Twill Cargo Vest, $30.
This utility vest with an army inspiration is everything right now. More and more army influences are making their way into the fashion scene lately and this vest is a perfect and budget friendly way to incorporate military style into your fall wardrobe.
Photo: courtesy of Piperlime SANCTUARY Sherpa Maxi Vest, $53.
Channel your inner flower child with this shearling vest that is reminiscent of hippy 70′s style. This trendy vest will keep you warm on crisp fall days and the amazing length adds an extra wow factor that will set you apart.
Photo: Getty Images
John Gallagher Jr. plays Jim Harper on Aaron Sorkin’s new HBO series, The Newsroom. Gallagher, who has stolen viewers’ hearts with his adorable awkwardness and passionate personality, plays a smart and lovable producer on the show. EG is rooting for Team Jim, the underdog in the Newsroom love game, and we’ve developed a big time crush! But what was John up to before taking on the role of Jim Harper? Turns out The Newsroom actor isn’t so new to the spotlight. Before Gallagher was dubbed the next HBO star, he was busy doing all kinds of other equally amazing things including performing on Broadway, winning Tonys, and rocking out with his band! John was born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware and comes from a family of musically talented creative types, which makes sense when you take John‘s countless show biz accomplishments into account. John got his acting career started at an early age, participating in children’s theatre where he played roles such as Tom Sawyer. Eventually he graduated to the big leagues and made his Broadway debut in Rabbit Hole. John even won a Tony award in 2007 for his portrayal of Moritz in the production Spring Awakening where he starred alongside Lea Michele pre-Glee. Speaking of spring, John also performed in a band called Old Springs Pike. Before landing his too-cute role on The Newsroom, John made appearances on all kinds of TV shows like Law and Order and The West Wing. Basically, John has done it all and we admire him so much for it. (EG loves an accomplished man!) We can see why John is a hot commodity in the acting world and we are more than happy to see that adorable face splashed across our TV screen every Sunday night. Will Jim find love this season on the newsroom? If he doesn’t, we’ll be here waiting with open arms! Watch The Newsroom Sundays at 10 on HBO.
- Me and JoAnne; Photo: Courtesy of Joanne Hong Fall production has officially begun! One of my closest friends from back home, JoAnne Kotlowski, flew up here from Oklahoma to help me produce my fall collection. We found a great factory to work with, and all last week she was busy sourcing fabrics and trims from all the local fabric stores and vendors we work with for the styles we will be producing. We found some really great deals, but then also had some issues with a fabric that I had originally bought three years ago. The company had it in stock but the price had gone up almost $20 per yard! I realized how important it is to reconfirm all prices of fabric and trim from the beginning in order to correctly cost out each garment. After we bought all the materials, I drafted up all the specs sheets that the factory would need. I listed all the measurements, stitch and trim info, swatches of each fabric used, trim samples, and a technical flat for each design. For my samples, I decided to produce a size 4 and a small. As I round up the last of my orders, the factory is now working on my patterns and first samples. I can’t wait to see them! Me and Sean; Photo: Courtesy of Joanne Hong I also have another amazing friend that is helping me with my clothing line. He’s my business partner, Sean Juan. We met at a camp in Taiwan when we were in high school and kept in touch throughout the years. Twelve years later, we both ended up in NYC for work. As our friendship grew, the idea of becoming business partners came up as I was telling him my dream of growing my clothing line. Because of his many accomplishments and experience in finance, I knew that we both had the heart and drive to really make my clothing line into a household name. I’m definitely thankful I have both of them helping me! I’m excited to have the ball rolling on my fall production and onto designing my spring 2013! Read all Joanne’s posts here!
CUNOAȘTE-I PE STAR BLOGGERII NOȘTRI
- PAULA13477SUPER Articol în prim pl…: "Rozul - culoarea fetelor?"
- isabela4033 Articol în prim pl…: "Bunele maniere"
- missLittle_anne Articol în prim pl…: "Look-uri de primăvară"
- ClaraSun Articol în prim pl…: "Să fim prieteni :)!"
- CIRESICA200921 Articol în prim pl…: "Cum să te protejezi pe internet?"