From left to right, Kelly Wearstler, Ter et Bantine, Derek Lam & Preen. Photos: Imaxtree
When Miu Miu sent harlequins down the runway for spring ’08, we expected court jester fever (trend-wise), but it’s only starting to catch on now. While this season’s interpretation is far more pared-down than its petticoat-laden predecessor, the look is just as whimsical: patched leather skirts, trapeze dresses, and ruffle collared crop-tops guarantee that this confetti-colored trend doesn’t take itself too seriously. Derek Lam and Kelly Wearstler both presented sportswear collections with tinges of harlequin enthusiasm, each offering a patchwork leather skirt offset with classic knitwear and shirting pieces. Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi’s version for Preen included some digital geometry, forgoing the classic jester diamond pattern for kaleidoscopic boxes, though they remained true to the trend’s roots with a flouncy collar. Ironically, Ter et Bantine’s version was sort of minimalistic, thanks to their use of a simple trapeze dress silhouette.
- We spotted Beyoncé promoting her new fragrance Pulse in New York the other day. As if her pregnancy glow wasn't enough, Beyoncé was also wearing a shiny, electric blue blazer and dress combo! She looked great, however the dress did look awfully minimalistic on her. It might be an indication that she should start with her maternity clothes shopping soon! If you need any help with it Beyoncé, just let us know. We'd love to tag along!
Photo: Getty Images
It’s hard to say which got more press the day after the royal wedding—Kate Middleton’s Alexander McQueen gown or Pippa Middleton’s bum. Both received rave reviews, earned front page treatment from newspapers, and are still written about almost daily. Kate’s dress might have spawned legions of knock-off lace gowns, but Pippa’s backside launched a Facebook fan club with almost 300,000 followers. Pippa may not be a royal, but she earns as much attention as her sister, the Duchess of Cambridge, and though she’s not even engaged to her boyfriend of a few months designers are already staking claim to her wedding dress. Alice Temperley, who designed the dress Pippa wore to Kate and Will’s reception, sat Middleton front row at her show last week and just told the Telegraph that she too has a thing for Pippa’s bottom. “I’d love to dress Pippa for her wedding when it happens,” Temperley said. “She’s so beautiful—she’s perfect and her bum is perfect—it would be such an honour.”
- Black Eyed Peas hottie Fergie is the latest celebrity to be immortalized in a wax doll at the famous Madame Tussaudes museum! Fergie's doll was dressed in a very futuristic outfit, probably inspired by her stage wear from the latest Black Eyed Peas tour. The unveiling was held at the Venetian Resort and Casino Las Vegas the other day and by the looks of it, it was love at first sight for Fergie!
- Yet another reason to be jealous of Justin Bieber's girlfriend Selena Gomez! It seems Justin is a real sucker for treating his lady to fairytale dates and last night, he arranged for an extravagant date that sure is going to hard for any other 17-year-old to top, ever. He rented the entire Staples Center in L.A. for just Selena and him and had it show a screening of one of the most romantic movies ever made - James Cameron's masterpiece Titanic!
Insiders revealed that Justin came up with the idea after seeing the movie "Mr. Deeds" where Adam Sandler surprises Winona Ryder with a date at Madison Square Garden and luckily for us, they also had some in-tell on how it all went down! Apparently Justin took Selena to an Demi Lovato concert at the close by Nokia Theater then mysteriously said, "Come with me" and took her underground to Staples Center where he debuted his surprise.
Are you wondering what sort of ridiculous amounts he had to pay for this? Well, he didn't have to pay a dime actually. Since he has sold out the venue three times and there was nothing scheduled for yesterday, they agreed to let him have the entire arena for free.
CONHEÇA OS STARBLOGGERS
- 48Carolinamodelo7 Artigo em destaque: "Como cuidar do teu Cabelo"
- 64klarine15 Artigo em destaque: "HotBuys & Rares"
- 54WowCowAnjo21 Artigo em destaque: "Stanley Kubrick"
- 54Estrelinhah Artigo em destaque: "Os sonhos"
- 63miss_vilarelho16 Artigo em destaque: "Encontra o biquini ideal"
- 62MJmadethis17 Artigo em destaque: "À Conversa com BRSA10"
- 48wonder-princess15 Artigo em destaque: "Nail art - Spring "
- 65fredinha449 Artigo em destaque: "Fotografias com Mil Palavras #6"
- 57ShaLiiMaR Artigo em destaque: "be fashion (look)"
- 107filipinhamaria18 Artigo em destaque: "Entrevista com Rebeldegajo"
- 60Leonor.Stardoll Artigo em destaque: "#8 Entrevista à LadyLaraCroft."
- 64Mary.DKNY15 Artigo em destaque: "80's"
- 69-.Flor.- Artigo em destaque: "Dia Internacional da Mulher"
- 41AnnieArtemisa18 Artigo em destaque: "Dicas!"