Have you all seen the new Epiphany floor? If you have then like me you'll have noticed all of the wonderful eggs Stardoll have released for Easter. I absolutely adore them and they have inspired me to write a little blog entry.
As you probably all know, chocolate eggs or plastic eggs filled with sweets are given as presents around Easter time, but have you ever wondered why we give eggs and not something else? I'm sure i used to, so i'm here to let you know all about the egg giving traditions.
The egg is a symbol of new life and fertility and during Spring and the time there are lots of festivals to celebrate this, eg the Pagan festivals of Ostara and the Spring Equinox to celebrate new life, in China the Luna New Year to celebrate the new moon and in the Christian calendar Easter to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ to name only a few. All of these festivals are based around new life and the beginning of something new, and during Spring you will notice lots of new baby animals being born so there is nothing better than an egg to represent this wonderful season!
At Easter, in almost every culture eggs are decorated in many ways for numerous reasons, in Christianity eggs are stained red to represent the blood of Christ and in the North East of England eggs are stained a tan colour by boiling onion skins with the eggs simply because they look nice - we then roll the eggs down hills for no particular reason other than it is fun, which is a favorite past time of mine that people from anywhere else but Scotland and North East England find insane! Maybe the most famous and exquisite designs are from a company named Fabergé who were originally commissioned by the Tzar in Russia many years ago to make beautiful eggs for Russian Royalty, some of which have provided inspiration for the new Epiphany floors on Stardoll.
I absolutely adore all of the eggs in the Epiphany store and love how there are so many different designs to incorporate into every suite imaginable! I love Fabergé eggs, i would kill for a real one (but unfortunately i don't have thousands upon thousands of pounds for one egg!) so having similar ones of Stardoll is wonderful. I don't think many people will really grasp the beauty or point of them and they're not to everyones taste but i love them and will have to save up for them all.
스타 블로거 만나보기
- 72Clara_Clary 특집 포스팅 : "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 83The2gLaMs 특집 포스팅 : "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 69chelamin 특집 포스팅 : "Bows Bows Bows! "
- 62maisie12345 특집 포스팅 : "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 81Amber_Doll 특집 포스팅 : "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 44HighHeels4Me 특집 포스팅 : "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 30oliviax612 특집 포스팅 : "Ideas are Coming!!!"
- 36GaGaLuv3r11 특집 포스팅 : "Procrastinating for the Idea!"
- 49uniquegirl310 특집 포스팅 : "Celebs in pastels!! :)"
- 97Oo.Ashley.oO12 특집 포스팅 : "Following Stardoll Rules"
- 61MakeupBerries 특집 포스팅 : "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 60jklmbo_ 특집 포스팅 : "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 59the.kewl.kid 특집 포스팅 : "New Polished Collection"
- 37MQueen14 특집 포스팅 : "Fashion Inspiration"
- 60AliceIzzy454 특집 포스팅 : "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 53cooleypooley 특집 포스팅 : "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 48Lay-Cey 특집 포스팅 : "The mermaid dress"
- 59KimmyyRoxx 특집 포스팅 : "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"
- 62kamuz24 특집 포스팅 : "A suite that "moves" !"