Photo: Getty Images
Just days after Amy Winehouse passed away on Saturday, the Internet wondered whether or not Fred Perry would go ahead and release the remainder of the clothes the singer had designed with the British brand. Winehouse worked on four collections total. The first, for spring 2011, hit Fred Perry’s website early this year and the rest, through spring 2012, were set to roll out as the seasons hit, leaving three unseen collections. At first it sounded like they’d definitely be released post-humously, but now Fred Perry says they won’t do anything until consulting with Winehouse’s family. Her memorial service was held in London yesterday—Mark Ronson and Kelly Osbourne were among the attendees—and we imagine it will be a while before her family’s ready to discuss a clothing collection. We don’t, however, think it’s too early to agree with Vanessa Friedman who wrote in the Financial Times, “I put odds on at least one designer, if not many, sending out a spring/summer collection featuring models in big beehives and miniskirts. Fashion is pretty shameless that way.”
- What happens when you take the voice and the skills of our favorite pop queen, Robyn, and a song from one of the biggest bands of modern time? Curious to know, huh!? Well, you get an awesome cover that you can't stop listening to! On the BBC Live Lounge, Robyn preformed a cover of Coldplay's latest song “Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall”. We love it so much! But then again…we love everything Robyn (and Coldplay) does! The beautiful lyrics are a perfect match to Robyn's sweet and girly voice. We want to hear more covers sung by her! Listen to Robyn’s cover NOW and tell us what you think! (perezhilton)
- Do you have beautiful eyes and want everybody to notice them? Well, we know exactly what you should do! We're sure you have heard that brown and pink colors enhance blue eyes, green and yellow makes your brown eyes pop and purple and brown color suits perfectly to green eyes! It's time to choose clothing after your eye color! Check out how Emma Watson, Hayden Panettiere and Taylor Swift make their eyes the center of attention!
After 94 TV episodes, two movies, and three books, we’re still not sick of Sex and the City. We could never get enough of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda, but it’s hard to imagine them being played by anyone other than Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, Kim Cattrall, and Cynthia Nixon respectively—the actresses who have brought the girls to life for all that time. So, when rumors began to swirl of an SATC prequel based on Candace Bushnell’s books The Carrie Diaries and Summer in the City, we were psyched of course, but nervous, too. What actresses could possibly play the younger versions of the characters we’ve come to know and love without ruining them? Would they have the same on-screen chemistry as our girls? SJP had some hesitations, too: she told The Los Angeles Times, “I don’t think we can pretend to go back… It’s creating two histories. It’s like, ‘Oh I didn’t know that about Carrie Bradshaw.’” Kristin Davis agreed earlier this year when she told E!, “‘And then have like different people with our names? It’s kind of freaky.” Well, according to the Daily Mail, the preferences for the younger versions of the NYC BFFs have been chosen. Check them out below, and tell us: do you agree with the picks? Will these other actresses be able to pull off the roles or is the flick doomed from the get-go?
- Happy Friday, Dollies!
I felt like stretching out my arms and legs, and you'll see that in today's Dream Suite! Hungarian Stardoll member kaktasz takes all of those suite rooms and transforms them into stylish, sizable expanses of space. Plus, they look amazing!
And if you weren't impressed with kaktasz's impressive decorating talents (even though you really should be!): be sure to check out the StarDesign suite room. Those wall panels are fantastic!
Be sure to kaktasz's suite today!
Check out more images after the jump!
- Oscar-nominated actress, Carey Mulligan, is engaged to one our favorite musicians ever, Marcus Mumford from the amazing band, Mumford and Sons!
The two have only been a couple for five months, they started dating back in February, but when you known, you know! Carey has been spotted wearing a diamond ring on her wedding finger and Marcus popped the question over a romantic weekend!
Carey used to date Shia LaBeouf, but she and Marcus seem really perfect together! We're so happy about this! Check out one of Mumford and Son's songs, The Cave. If you weren't a fan before, you will be now!
Photo: Courtesy of Katy Perry's Twitter
First, the internet was abuzz with a trend called “planking,” where individuals lay face down on your stomach (like a plank) with your hands your sides in random locations. Celebrities like Katy Perry took to their Twitter page to show their version of the new phenomenon (see above). She also tweeted another picture of herself planking on the fourth.
- There are lots of ways to embellish and glam up a dress or skirt: beading, slits, and colorful patterns are a few classic options we can think of. But our favorite by far has got to be the voluminous trend that was all over the fall 2011 runways: peplums!
스타 블로거 만나보기
- midnightmonkey619 특집 포스팅 : "3 Ways To Wear... Festival Fashion"
- little_kit 특집 포스팅 : "Dealing With Bullies"
- Snerfy15 특집 포스팅 : "Coloring Clothes in Summer!"
- Waddles17 특집 포스팅 : "Basics Aren't Basic"
- Moosycakes21 특집 포스팅 : "Starcoin Collecting Tips!"
- 2010vampire 특집 포스팅 : "This Week's Dream Suite"
- lilrosamae18 특집 포스팅 : "Never be Under or Over-dressed"
- Fizzy_Popz 특집 포스팅 : "Staying Determined"
- Vintage_Freek 특집 포스팅 : "Summer Activities"
- Real.StarGirl14 특집 포스팅 : "What Happened to Me?"