Recipe: Home-made Apple Pie
* Be sure to always get a parent/guardian's help/permission before cooking!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly, then gently pour the apple pie filling (mixed butter, flour, sugars, etc.), and cover with a 2nd crust, designed to your liking.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
^ 8 peeled, sliced and cored apples.
^ Apple pie filling
^ 2nd pie crust covering apples & filling
^ Delicious cooked home-made apple pie.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 77Moosycakes21 Featured post: "The Stardoll Tag!"
- 66balleta0814 Featured post: "Upgrading the School Girl Fashion"
- 752010vampire Featured post: "Bucket List"
- 82Spindla Featured post: "Bohemian Style"
- 72Waddles16 Featured post: "We're Here To Help"
- 92Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "Best Winter Coats"
- 73vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Decorating Tips & Tricks"
- 58tashychuckles Featured post: "Gift Giving is Fun!"
- 42gp12120 Featured post: "The Suite Life ◇ Mickey's Empire"