Recipe: Home-made Apple Pie
* Be sure to always get a parent/guardian's help/permission before cooking!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly, then gently pour the apple pie filling (mixed butter, flour, sugars, etc.), and cover with a 2nd crust, designed to your liking.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
^ 8 peeled, sliced and cored apples.
^ Apple pie filling
^ 2nd pie crust covering apples & filling
^ Delicious cooked home-made apple pie.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 57Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "Cotton Candy Hair"
- 90Dreamiiiii Featured post: "SC styles "skater girl""
- 60meisenberg Featured post: "Maleficent Inspired Make-Up"
- 26BeatrixJane Featured post: "Playsuit Summer Outfit"
- 62AliceLiddellMad Featured post: "Cheap summer outfits"
- 75maisie12345 Featured post: "How to Wear: Yellow Eyeshadow!"
- 35polarbear09 Featured post: "Competition!"
- 51allgerman123 Featured post: "Favorites"
- 41GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "Turning Over a New Leaf"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "Positive Influences for Girls'"
- 71the.kewl.kid Featured post: "Tribute Review: Fendi"
- 36oliviax613 Featured post: "Things to do in Summer"
- 85The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Graphic: Punk"