Recipe: Home-made Apple Pie
* Be sure to always get a parent/guardian's help/permission before cooking!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly, then gently pour the apple pie filling (mixed butter, flour, sugars, etc.), and cover with a 2nd crust, designed to your liking.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
^ 8 peeled, sliced and cored apples.
^ Apple pie filling
^ 2nd pie crust covering apples & filling
^ Delicious cooked home-made apple pie.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 52tashychuckles Featured post: "Future Me "
- 71Moosycakes20 Featured post: "Your Favorite Compliments!"
- 68Waddles16 Featured post: "It's Me ~ Casey"
- 712010vampire Featured post: "Competition Results!"
- 63balleta0814 Featured post: "Inspired By Demi Lovato, New Music Video"
- 75the.kewl.kid Featured post: "Meeting New Dolls"
- 67vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Behind the Blogger: vampirefreak121"
- 88Real.StarGirl13 Featured post: "Get Ready in 10 Minutes!"
- 63AngelLilac Featured post: "Get The Look: Iggy Azalea"
- 56Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "5 Things to Remember While Travelling"
- 59Lily-Ariana Featured post: "Wild West and Evening Falls Sale Picks!"
- 126madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Guestbook Gems"