Recipe: Home-made Apple Pie
* Be sure to always get a parent/guardian's help/permission before cooking!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly, then gently pour the apple pie filling (mixed butter, flour, sugars, etc.), and cover with a 2nd crust, designed to your liking.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
^ 8 peeled, sliced and cored apples.
^ Apple pie filling
^ 2nd pie crust covering apples & filling
^ Delicious cooked home-made apple pie.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 42GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "How To Look Like: Adele!"
- 35polarbear09 Featured post: "Polarbear09 Competition Winners!"
- 90t_louise20 Featured post: "Zamio's Story: The little cat - Part 3"
- 27BeatrixJane Featured post: "Get The Look: Charli XCX"
- 58Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "Suite feature: sophiemechtel"
- 76maisie12345 Featured post: "Favorite Trend: Plaid!"
- 63AliceLiddellMad Featured post: "More SC Outfits"
- 51allgerman123 Featured post: "Top outfits!"
- 91Dreamiiiii Featured post: "SC styles "skater girl""
- 60meisenberg Featured post: "Maleficent Inspired Make-Up"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "Positive Influences for Girls'"