Fringe Trend: Would You Wear These Fake Eyelashes?We’ve heard celebrity after celebrity and makeup artist after makeup artist extol the benefits of fake eyelashes. They plump, thicken, and lengthen your lashes and call attention to your shining eyes in a way plain old mascara simply can’t. Paper eyelashes, however, take the whole fake-eyelashes thing to a completely new level. They won’t just call attention to your eyes, they’ll have people stopping and plain-out gaping at your peepers.
Photo: Courtesy of Paperself. Paperself Deer and Butterfly Lashes, $15
And who could blame them? Paperself has created a line of fake eyelashes inspired by the art of Chinese paper-cutting— known as Jianzhi—that feature artistic, miniature cut-out designs. Above are the Deer and Butterfly lashes, which incorporate fluttering butterflies atop a deer’s antlers. Below are even more of the unique creations. Would you wear them? They’re definitely straddling the line between too much and just enough, but fashion is all about taking risks and standing out. We’re a tad concerned that, from afar, people may conclude that we just went to town with the mascara, but if anything, they’re certainly conversation starters. Either that or they’ll stay far away because they’re freaked out. Just kidding! or not…
Photo: Courtesy of Paperself. Paperself ‘Under the Sea’ Lashes, $15
Photo: Courtesy of Paperself. Paperself Clown Lashes, $15
Photo: Courtesy of Paperself. Paperself Horses Lashes, $15
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 30BeatrixJane Featured post: "Extraordinary Suites: jocyKyH"
- 63lilrosamae16 Featured post: "Perfection"
- 77maisie12345 Featured post: "Halloween Costume Inspiration! "
- 37polarbear09 Featured post: "Dollie of the week"
- 62Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "Big Is Back"
- 71Miss_Tascha Featured post: "Grandma at Stardoll!"
- 86The2gLaMs Featured post: "How to look like Iggy Azalea"
- 93Dreamiiiii Featured post: "MSW semi-finalist interview pt 2"
- 44GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "How To Look like: Selena Gomez!"
- 96_Krissi Featured post: "Be creative with napkins!- DIY"