Guess Richard Chai’s Favorite Superhero
Photo: Richard Chai x Acura
There might be no other accessory that manages to be both consistently elegant and strong as the driving glove. Luckily enough, designer Richard Chai has taken a new spin on the glove with a collaboration with Acura. The gloves are in fact, also inspired by Thor. In the film, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents drive Acura cars, wearing sleek black suits reminiscent of Chai’s menswear, merging fashion and lifestyle one step closer. The Richard Chai x Acura black leather gloves, in fact, use a handsome pattern mimicking the car’s curves and interior. As a perfect Father’s Day gift, we can’t wait to get our hands on them. The gloves will sell for $225 at Odin New York beginning in June. ELLE caught up with Chai to get more details on the backstory.
ELLE: What kind of feeling were you trying to evoke in your design?
RC: I wanted to capture the spirit of the Acura TL car. It was important for the design to be sleek. I also wanted to play with the idea of lines and contrasting materials.
ELLE: Can you describe the type of person you could see wearing your glove?
RC: The person wearing this glove is looking for a new take on something classic and chic. His investments are made on well crafted pieces that match his own individual style.
ELLE: What about Acura and Marvel inspires you?
RC: Acura for their engineering and innovation and Marvel for their ability to take one away into a world of fantasy.
ELLE: Who was your favorite childhood superhero?
Read More: Speaking of superheroes, check out our roundup of the summer’s hottest on-screen super men here!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 69Moosycakes20 Featured post: "Free Stardollars and Rares?"
- 62balleta0814 Featured post: "Get the Look | Kylie Jenner"
- 50tashychuckles Featured post: "Favourite Things!"
- 86Real.StarGirl13 Featured post: "Tips for when Flying"
- 86semplicementMia29 Featured post: "Meet ecf97 // How To Contour & Highlight"
- 81maisie12345 Featured post: "Dealing with Heartbreak"
- 66Waddles16 Featured post: "Smokey Eye - Tutorial "
- 57Lily-Ariana Featured post: "2 Elegant DIY Hairstyles!"
- 125madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Spam and Good Manners"
- 74the.kewl.kid Featured post: "Wish I'd Known This When I Was in High School"
- 65vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Summer Snack Ideas"
- 55Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "Unique, or Copy?"