Guess Richard Chai’s Favorite Superhero
Photo: Richard Chai x Acura
There might be no other accessory that manages to be both consistently elegant and strong as the driving glove. Luckily enough, designer Richard Chai has taken a new spin on the glove with a collaboration with Acura. The gloves are in fact, also inspired by Thor. In the film, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents drive Acura cars, wearing sleek black suits reminiscent of Chai’s menswear, merging fashion and lifestyle one step closer. The Richard Chai x Acura black leather gloves, in fact, use a handsome pattern mimicking the car’s curves and interior. As a perfect Father’s Day gift, we can’t wait to get our hands on them. The gloves will sell for $225 at Odin New York beginning in June. ELLE caught up with Chai to get more details on the backstory.
ELLE: What kind of feeling were you trying to evoke in your design?
RC: I wanted to capture the spirit of the Acura TL car. It was important for the design to be sleek. I also wanted to play with the idea of lines and contrasting materials.
ELLE: Can you describe the type of person you could see wearing your glove?
RC: The person wearing this glove is looking for a new take on something classic and chic. His investments are made on well crafted pieces that match his own individual style.
ELLE: What about Acura and Marvel inspires you?
RC: Acura for their engineering and innovation and Marvel for their ability to take one away into a world of fantasy.
ELLE: Who was your favorite childhood superhero?
Read More: Speaking of superheroes, check out our roundup of the summer’s hottest on-screen super men here!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 96_Krissi Featured post: "Outfits for StarCoins Part2"
- 59Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "WYMSAY: Nail Art"
- 28BeatrixJane Featured post: "Trending Now: High-Fashion Bangs"
- 36polarbear09 Featured post: "Why I love Pretty N' Love"
- 86The2gLaMs Featured post: "MSW Decor Tips"
- 71the.kewl.kid Featured post: "MSW Manicure"
- 91Dreamiiiii Featured post: "Celebrity Competition"
- 77maisie12345 Featured post: "Miss Stardoll World Make-Up!"
- 64AliceLiddellMad Featured post: "A bunch of outfits"
- 43GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "How To Look Like: Adele!"
- 90t_louise20 Featured post: "Zamio's Story: The little cat - Part 3"
- 51allgerman123 Featured post: "Top outfits!"
- 60meisenberg Featured post: "Maleficent Inspired Make-Up"