With inspirations as varied as a dark purple ink from the seventeenth century and Oscar Wilde, Jane Schub’s nail lacquer collection is certainly deserving of its name—StrangeBeautiful Library of Color. “I wanted to create something to display, like little paintings,” says the Rhode Island School of Design–trained illustrator of the sets, which are housed in clear Lucite boxes. Each volume consists of just eight shades, none of which have names, but the colors are so complex and “off-kilter” (muted pistachio gray, warm dulce de leche brown), they speak for themselves.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 63AngelLilac Featured post: "Trend Alert: "The New Hue""
- 71Moosycakes21 Featured post: "Lunch Box for the Environment"
- 67vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Best of Luck!"
- 63balleta0814 Featured post: "Make something SPECIAL of your Suite"
- 88Real.StarGirl13 Featured post: "Callie's Picks #47 - Starcoin Outfits"
- 722010vampire Featured post: "1950's Fashion by thirteenlucia13"
- 68Waddles16 Featured post: "Feeling Creative?"
- 126madmadeleine60 Featured post: "Lost Dog Rescue"
- 52tashychuckles Featured post: "Future Me "
- 75the.kewl.kid Featured post: "Meeting New Dolls"
- 56Carolinamodelo7 Featured post: "5 Things to Remember While Travelling"
- 60Lily-Ariana Featured post: "Wild West and Evening Falls Sale Picks!"