With inspirations as varied as a dark purple ink from the seventeenth century and Oscar Wilde, Jane Schub’s nail lacquer collection is certainly deserving of its name—StrangeBeautiful Library of Color. “I wanted to create something to display, like little paintings,” says the Rhode Island School of Design–trained illustrator of the sets, which are housed in clear Lucite boxes. Each volume consists of just eight shades, none of which have names, but the colors are so complex and “off-kilter” (muted pistachio gray, warm dulce de leche brown), they speak for themselves.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 27BeatrixJane Featured post: "My Reasons to Live: Issue IV"
- 35polarbear09 Featured post: "Back to school look!"
- 42GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "How To Look Like: Adele!"
- 90t_louise20 Featured post: "Zamio's Story: The little cat - Part 3"
- 58Bella_luvs_u Featured post: "Suite feature: sophiemechtel"
- 76maisie12345 Featured post: "Favorite Trend: Plaid!"
- 63AliceLiddellMad Featured post: "More SC Outfits"
- 51allgerman123 Featured post: "Top outfits!"
- 91Dreamiiiii Featured post: "SC styles "skater girl""
- 60meisenberg Featured post: "Maleficent Inspired Make-Up"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "Positive Influences for Girls'"