With inspirations as varied as a dark purple ink from the seventeenth century and Oscar Wilde, Jane Schub’s nail lacquer collection is certainly deserving of its name—StrangeBeautiful Library of Color. “I wanted to create something to display, like little paintings,” says the Rhode Island School of Design–trained illustrator of the sets, which are housed in clear Lucite boxes. Each volume consists of just eight shades, none of which have names, but the colors are so complex and “off-kilter” (muted pistachio gray, warm dulce de leche brown), they speak for themselves.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 69balleta0814 Featured post: "All You Need is Love... & Callie's Picks"
- 76Waddles16 Featured post: "Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Look"
- 86Moosycakes21 Featured post: "A Valentine's Heart!"
- 52lizluz19 Featured post: "Styling Your New Bag"
- 118VampireLady3324 Featured post: "Lucid Dreaming"
- 94Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "Bell Sleeves"
- 53Vintage_Freek Featured post: "Casually Chic"
- 61tashychuckles Featured post: "Self-Expression"
- 81vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Surviving School"
- 79lilrosamae17 Featured post: "My most worn accessories"