With inspirations as varied as a dark purple ink from the seventeenth century and Oscar Wilde, Jane Schub’s nail lacquer collection is certainly deserving of its name—StrangeBeautiful Library of Color. “I wanted to create something to display, like little paintings,” says the Rhode Island School of Design–trained illustrator of the sets, which are housed in clear Lucite boxes. Each volume consists of just eight shades, none of which have names, but the colors are so complex and “off-kilter” (muted pistachio gray, warm dulce de leche brown), they speak for themselves.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 82Spindla Featured post: "Bohemian Style"
- 71Waddles16 Featured post: "We're Here To Help"
- 66balleta0814 Featured post: "Christmas Countdown: No.1"
- 77Moosycakes21 Featured post: "Healthy Snacks!"
- 92Real.StarGirl14 Featured post: "Best Winter Coats"
- 73vampirefreak121 Featured post: "Decorating Tips & Tricks"
- 752010vampire Featured post: "This Week's Dream Suite"
- 58tashychuckles Featured post: "Gift Giving is Fun!"
- 41gp12120 Featured post: "The Suite Life ◇ Mickey's Empire"