With inspirations as varied as a dark purple ink from the seventeenth century and Oscar Wilde, Jane Schub’s nail lacquer collection is certainly deserving of its name—StrangeBeautiful Library of Color. “I wanted to create something to display, like little paintings,” says the Rhode Island School of Design–trained illustrator of the sets, which are housed in clear Lucite boxes. Each volume consists of just eight shades, none of which have names, but the colors are so complex and “off-kilter” (muted pistachio gray, warm dulce de leche brown), they speak for themselves.
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- Moosycakes21 Featured post: "Nails on Stardoll!"
- VampireLady3324 Featured post: "Collecting Starpoints / Leveling Up"
- Waddles17 Featured post: "Running For Scenery?"
- Snerfy15 Featured post: "Tricky Translations"
- midnightmonkey619 Featured post: "Style Q&A"
- balleta0814 Featured post: "3 Ways to Style Crop Tops"
- 2010vampire Featured post: "Get Your Scare On"
- Vintage_Freek Featured post: "Improving Your Writing"