- Remember when Matt Damon and Ben Affleck made the movie, Good Will Hunting and it basically changed their careers forever? Good news! Both Matt and Ben are working on a new movie together and it's going to be epic! The movie is about a New England's most famous gangster, Whitey Bulger, who Matt will play. Ben is directing the movie and will also star, Matt will help to produce, and Ben's younger brother, Casey Affleck, has a supporting role! Ben said, "Matt and I have been looking for something to do together for some time," and we think it sounds like the perfect project for them both! We really can't wait for this movie to happen! (deadline)
- It's that time of year! Our mornings are super chilly and our nights are even colder, so it's time to get out all of our favorite cozy sweaters! We're huge fans of Kate Bosworth's casual style, she always looks so chic! We've noticed that Kate wears some of the best sweaters, click on the pics to see Kate's top six sweater weather looks!
- Jessica Alba and husband, Cash Warren, took their daughter, Honor, on a NYC Shopping Spree! We spotted the fam all around New York, it looks like they had a blast! The only question is, where was baby Haven? We're guessing that Jess and Cash wanted to give their first-born some one on one time! So sweet!
Want some inspiration for your Stardoll Halloween look? One of our StarBloggers, lel1996, who is a talented make up tutorialist, sent us some of her best Halloween make up suggestions. I'm a big fan of her videos, so we've included some of those as well.
Happy spooky Halloween, everyone!
A Clockwork Orange - Alex DeLarge
- Did you know that Kate Winslet recently carried an elderly woman out of a burning house? Not for a movie, but in real life! During a recent stay at the Carribean home of Richard Branson (whose son she's dating), she was awakened at 4:30 in the morning by screams of "fire!" and she admits to not reacting entirely predictable.
Kate recalled the incident at The Graham Norton show, "I ran into the bedroom and put on a bra. In disastrous moments like that, you do the strangest things. I started to put on a bra and thought 'No, that’s going to take me too long,' so off came the bra, on came the t-shirt, I grabbed the children and I picked up Granny.We were all at the top of some very slippery stone steps and in the middle of a hurricane – it was so dramatic, there was lashing rain and it really did feel like being in a movie. In truth, I carried Eve Branson down the stairs.I have to say Eve Branson is an extraordinary stoic, powerful lady and she could have totally made it out on her own. I just helped that tiny little bit." We're glad everyone's okay!
Hi, I'm Liz. I'm a new Starblogger :D.
I really hope your enjoy reading my future posts which will probably consist of outfit ideas, stuff about music and videos, and also members who I think deserve to be featured. My posts will mainly float around those kinds of ideas, but keep your eyes peeled for new posts :D.
Anyways, Halloween is soon so I decided that I'll create some looks to feature today and up to Halloween itself. The first outfit was inspired by an Egyptian Empress theme and also the Otherworld store.
- We spotted Kim Kardashian leaving her Manhattan hotel together with her cool little nephew Mason Discik on Friday. If we didn't know how it really is, we would probably have mistaken Mason for her son! Kim always looks like such a natural when she's around him, which leads us to believe that having children can't be too far away in her horizon...
H&M’s no stranger to collaborations—but today brings news of their first with a film. Instead of a designer, the Swedish store’s partnering with the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the David Fincher film based on Steig Larsson’s novel of the same name. The movie, which stars Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig, opens in December, but they’re already ramping up a massive press presence. Trish Summerville, the film’s costume designer, worked with H&M to develop a capsule collection of Lisbeth Salander-worthy high street clothes. Leather jackets and pants, slouchy tees and hooded sweaters make up the bulk of the 30 piece collection. “Salander’s look is very real and very lived in, with pieces that her character has worn for a long time, like her jackets that act as her armour to shield her from the world. I wanted the collection to have the essence and strength of Salander, with a fashion edge, and I’m pleased with the result,” Summerville said. The collection will hit Colette on November 28th and H&M stores on December 14th.
A few looks from Banana Republic's spring collection. Photo: BFANYC
Last night, Banana Republic unveiled their spring collection way above New York City in the Glass Houses. The collection was, of course, easy, breezy and Safari-themed (for the most part). Creative Director Simon Kneen said he’d been feeling South America over the summer. Not thanks to a vacation—”I wish!”—but from his rotating playlist of boss nova. “I was listening to a lot of Astrud Gilberto over the summer, that really helped! It got me in the mood, thinking of the color and the vibrancy in a very kind of cool, relaxed, lying on the beach somewhere kind of way.” Though the prints were bright, the silhouettes were sharp. A-line skirts and nipped waist dresses provided plenty of work-to-drinks options. As for the current season, we asked Kneen what kind of last minute Halloween costume one could put together with only Banana Republic. “That’d be very difficult! I don’t think you could go with Lady Gaga,” he said, looking puzzled. “But you could go with Princess Catherine? A great dress with a good bag and a great shoe—you’d look polished and refined like a princess. Some people I’m sure would say, “What are you?” and you’d have to tell them, but that’s a modern princess for you!”
- One of our favorite things about fall is breaking out our bomber jackets and good old riding boots, which, by the way, are looking better for the wear year after year. That’s because with leather, it only gets better (forgive the silly rhyming scheme, it’s just so true). Ladies, when in the market for anything leather, keep these tips in mind.
1. Know that you’re doing your wardrobe a huge favor when you spend the extra dollars on the real deal. The point of an investment is that it will pay for itself…once, twice, 100 times over. In the long run, you’ve got yourself something that will last. Genuine leather jackets, shoes, and bags will stick with you long after one season—perhaps even your entire lifetime if you take pristine care of it—which brings us to the next pointer.
2. Go for classic, timeless, and versatile pieces. That jacket with the $300 price tag? Make sure you can wear it to more than a Wild West-themed house party. This sounds like a no-brainer, but trendy, super hot eye-candy can cast a pretty convincing spell when you have the cash. Steer clear of an over-abundance of fringe, tassels, zippers, oversize zippers, pockets, neons, patchworks, paint splatters, lucky charms, well…you get the idea. Now, we realize we can’t always be splurging on clothes, and that’s cool (not to mention a good rule to live by!). So here we’ve included both synthetic and genuine leather buys that we’ve got our eyes on. Whether you’re more interested in something super trendy or ultra classic, or whether you’re more for statement-making accessories or prefer subtle leather details, there’s something here for you—and everything’s under $200. Check it out!
GET TO KNOW OUR STARBLOGGERS
- 64the.kewl.kid19 Featured post: "Safari in a Suite"
- 38GaGaLuv3r12 Featured post: "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"
- 52Lay-Cey Featured post: "Beach inspired eyes"
- 73hawiianbody Featured post: "New School Year, New You!"
- 56Cherryminnie12 Featured post: "Get the Marilyn Monroe look!"
- 53uniquegirl310 Featured post: "Airport/traveling bag essentials!"
- 34oliviax613 Featured post: "Tips of Today: How to Get Starcoins"
- 61hannahsweet10 Featured post: "Favorite Inspirational Songs"
- 46cool_lady_gaga5 Featured post: "Rainbow eyes!"
- 83FashionMonarch Featured post: "5 Essential Summer Skin Care Tips"
- 72chelamin Featured post: "Anime Makeover "
- 76Clara_Clary Featured post: "Spring outfits - with Starcoins! "
- 84The2gLaMs Featured post: "Stardoll Make-Over: My Little Pony"
- 69maisie12345 Featured post: "Getting the Best of 'Room Style'"
- 88Amber_Doll Featured post: "Summer Trend - Denim Shorts!"
- 51HighHeels4Me Featured post: "How to Rock Liquid Eyeliner"
- 61MakeupBerries Featured post: "How to: RED LIPS♥"
- 65jklmbo_ Featured post: "Colorful Spring Makeup"
- 37MQueen15 Featured post: "Fashion Inspiration"
- 62AliceIzzy454 Featured post: "Four starcoin outfits!"
- 56cooleypooley Featured post: "Fact quiz! (celebrities)"
- 64KimmyyRoxx Featured post: "Girly & Pink ~ Makeup on Stardoll"