Help! I have been hacked...
The only way to lose items or an account is by revealing or trading passwords, reference numbers, changing to scam email addresses, entering your password on phishing sites or using a proxy.
Stardoll warns on the site to NEVER EVER give out your password to ANYONE (including those pretending to be Stardoll staff). We do not refund any items if you reveal password, trade or change your email into an unknown email.
If you still have access to your account, we strongly recommend you change your password immediately:
Hover over your profile picture and choose "Settings"
If you no longer have access to your account, please send us specific information that can help us prove that you are the "rightful" owner. Please send us any payment references as well as the date of birth and the original email address on the account so we can investigate what happened.
Below are some tips on how to keep your password safe:
- Mix capital and lowercase letters
- Include letters, numbers and symbol
- Make it at least 8 or more characters long
- Don't use the same password on multiple sites
- Don't give your password information to ANYONE (this includes significant others, roommates, friends, etc.)
- Don't write your password down
- Don't send your password via email
- Periodically change your password.
What to avoid when creating a password:
- Using a password containing personal information such as your birth date and/or name
- Using words, slang or acronyms that are common or can be found in a dictionary
- Making your password all numbers, uppercase letters or lowercase letters
- Using keyboard patterns (asdf) or sequential numbers (7890)
Last updated: 2015-05-12 11:58:08
ALL ARTICLES ON Rules & Safety
- Is Stardoll a safe site?
- Is it safe to use online payment at Stardoll?
- Why can't I upload my own pictures?
- Why do you ask for my email address?
- Why do you ask for my parents' email address?
- Why do asterisks (****) appear in my text?
- Help! I have been hacked...
- Do chain letters or cheats work?
- How do I report bad behavior on Stardoll?
- Phishing sites
- Do you need help?
- Tips to feel safe online
- My friend/another user asks me to share accounts?
- What is Callie's Crew?
- Parent & teacher information
- Chat & Private Parties
- Video Tutorials
- Technical Help
- Rules & Safety
- Beauty Parlor
- Contests & Events
- Design & Sell
- Dressups & Games
- Friend Feed
- Message Central
- My Account
- Stylist Studio
- The Star Blog