Our Favorite 6 Trends from Resort 2013Resortwear has landed, and 2013 has several hot summer trends in store. We’re having so much fun browsing through our favorite designers’ latest collections, so we’ve rounded up six obsess-worthy trends to look forward to. Take a peek!
1. Keyhole Cutouts
(from left) Burberry Prorsum, Hervé Léger by Max Azria, Mara Hoffman; courtesy of the designers
Cutouts have been the thing for quite some time now, and while they range in many shapes and placements, it seems a very popular trend right now is the keyhole cutout at the chest. This detail can really take an average top or dress from forgettable to eye-catching and always adds a pop off flirty style.
2. Furry Shawls (from left) Rachel Zoe, 10 Crosby Derek Lam, Zero + Maria Cornejo; courtesy of the designers
Fur accents are always chic, and this season designers are adding shoulder-hugging furry shawls to their looks. This trend is a great alternative to a jacket on cool nights and will instantaneously amp up the glam factor of any look.
3. Native & Tribal Prints (from left) Alice by Temperly, BCBG Max Azria, Mara Hoffman; courtesy of the designers
Native prints continue to be on-trend season after season, probably because they never fail to look cool. Not to mention there are so many different inspirations and heritages to pull from! This season, we’re seeing lots of African- and Egyptian-inspired prints along with basic Navajo-esque geometrics.
4. Embellishment Overload (from left) Just Cavalli, Carlos Miele, Reed Krakoff; courtesy of the designers
Every girl loves a little glitz, and this trend is sure to please. Heavily embellished pieces, such as these sequin- and bead-coated frocks, are everywhere right now. These heavy items give a super luxe look and create unimaginable dimension for an extraordinary effect.
5. Leather Items (from left) Alice by Temperly, Jason Wu, 3.1 Phillip Lim; courtesy of the designers
Forget the basic leather jacket—this timeless fabric has entered the next phase of fashion. Leather skirts, pants, and even overalls can be spotted in all the latest collections, so keep an eye out for unique ways to wear it yourself. For instance, by substituting leather pants in the place of jeans, you’re bound to turn heads and automatically be deemed a trendsetter.
6. Bold Stripes (from left) Thakoon, Jason Wu, BCBG Max Azria; courtesy of the designers
Whether it’s on two-piece summer sets or two-piece bathing suits, thick and colorful stripes can be seen adorning summertime duds this season. This bold stripe pattern gives off a fun, young, and clean look that is great in bright colors for daytime outfits.
LERNE UNSERE STARBLOGGER KENNEN
- 69didi1888113 Beitrag: "Haartipps"
- 89_Krissi Beitrag: "Shop: Topshop"
- 64SarahPeach22 Beitrag: "Style der Woche"
- 46MissAshleyT_12 Beitrag: "Was haltet ihr von..."
- 68Miss_Tascha Beitrag: "Boys at Stardoll?"
- 52MissSchweiz2018 Beitrag: "Talentierte Dolls"
- 39TheNicolex33 Beitrag: "Sicher auf Stardoll!"
- 51LoughtingOfLoud16 Beitrag: "Bedruckte Jeans"
- 45Wheyla Beitrag: "Stardoll Academy?"
- 53meisenberg Beitrag: "♥Shoppingtipp♥ (3)"
- 38ansusu15 Beitrag: "Tipps&Ticks gegen Pickel♥"
- 43eli-hot-or-not Beitrag: "Real Faces"
- 58jovana8 Beitrag: "Mobbing"
- 89Angel_of_HIM22 Beitrag: "Wusstest du... ? (1)"
- 74a_ashleyfan_a Beitrag: "Gewinner des zweiten Wettbewerbs"
- 78shrekine Beitrag: "Animal Prints "
- 90PinkDreamGirl20 Beitrag: "MakeUp passend zum Outfit"